archangel

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
is that you? :mrgreen:

i was debating whether of not to post as it looks dark on my monitor here at work..but you asked for it, so here ya go.

58374948-O.jpg

OMG... where did you find me doing that!...(think i was taking a wiz in the bushes). seriously jon this is a cracker.... i love it, dark=better for this one, his wings are amazing.... and still in tact! Its definately one of the best angel statues i'v ever seen.....they've usually got thier wings down, to take less room and avoid breakage.....but this is just awsome. Thanks for posting this...im amazed :thumbup:

i'm glad you like it. i too was excited when i ran into this thing...amazed it was still in tact. the problem was trying to get a shot of him without any surrounding distraction...i couldn't, so PS was my answer.

this graveyard is located in DC's prestigious community of Georgetown. it's private...no cars allowed and is surrounded by high walls and fences. because of that, vandals are less likely to roam. also, there are no trees hovering above. i believe falling branches are a major contributor to the destruction of these awesome pieces.

funny thing...when i walked through the gates i noticed a sign with rules. NO PHOTOGRAPHY...argh! i turned to leave when a caretaker approached and said, 'i see you have a camera...it's OK, we're thinking of changing our rules to allow it, so go ahead'

lucky!

wow..when i see a caretaker approaching, its for sure he isn't gonna say, hi, go ahead....

his will be, hi..wanna join them???

great shot jonmikal... love the dark..looks good on my monitor...

wow, so probably not many photographers have had the chance to snap these before....you are lucky!. Good point about the branches, there's a statue near a tree in a cem near me that is almoast unrecognisable, over the years has prob been battered by falling debrie. Great find jm..... if this place wasn't private, you prob wouldn't have got this in such great condition...... but for me the search continues!...

Thanks again :thumbup:

Killer shot, JM! How big is this angel? Is it life size or what?

Georgetown ... I :heart: Georgetown. The streets are beautiful enough in the fall just to sit and stare!

Awesome find ... caretaker and all! Make my day and tell me he was bent over, skinny, kinda had one weird eye and wore suspenders ... and spoke with a thick Boston accent ... ayuh ... all caretakers should be like that!

anicole said:
Killer shot, JM! How big is this angel? Is it life size or what?

Georgetown ... I :heart: Georgetown. The streets are beautiful enough in the fall just to sit and stare!

Awesome find ... caretaker and all! Make my day and tell me he was bent over, skinny, kinda had one weird eye and wore suspenders ... and spoke with a thick Boston accent ... ayuh ... all caretakers should be like that!

:lmao:

it's much larger than i

i like this one alot! Like Archangel said, you don't see the outstretched wings very often. Nice capture!

I like this just the way it is Jon. My monitor at work is really dark...cheap work stuff....so I waited till I got home. Looks great.
Your pretty lucky with the caretaker. As soon as I see the white car, with the pretty lights on, I have to hide my camera. Then again, as soon as they see my black car, with the tinted window, and skull lisence plates...im chased down.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back