ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
ArchingAbstract.jpg

I was looking to portray this particular subject in a way most people don't normally look at it.

Looking for a general critique, does it work? And is it interesting?

Without your title it would have taken me some time to figure out what I was looking at. I dont particulary care for the ange it leaves a lot of negative space and makes it hard to tell exactly what I am viewing at such a horizontal. The DOF seems to be a little to much... with someting so smooth I feel like it needs all the texture it can get to produce a subject amongst itself.

Its also alot of muted gray... I think it would stand stronger with a good white spot some where to create some contrast.

Thanks Vmann!! You always come through with a critique for me.

I thought a lot of the same things you mentioned. It was really an attempt to salvage an image I wasn't sure about. I really liked the angle of the shot myself. But it came out very blue, with the sky reflected in the Arch itself. I think maybe a reshoot with a flash, or with a hot spot from the sun might benefit the image by creating some definition.

I tried boosting the contrast, grey scaling it, and then adding just a tad of grain to capture some texture. I'm pretty sure it's not the best shot I've ever taken.

As strictly an image, I actually like it. Mostly, however, b/c I have no idea what it is. Even with the "arch" reference I can't get my head around it.

So I like it, as an abstract image; it makes me stop and look. As an abstract image of something (what, I'm still not sure), I'd be a tad more concrete.

elsapo said:
As strictly an image, I actually like it. Mostly, however, b/c I have no idea what it is. Even with the "arch" reference I can't get my head around it.

So I like it, as an abstract image; it makes me stop and look. As an abstract image of something (what, I'm still not sure), I'd be a tad more concrete.

well said.

Most reactions

Back