Archival Matte Paper for Epson 2200

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by enlightenment, Jan 7, 2005.

1. enlightenment

enlightenment TPF Noob!

Not sure of this belongs in this forum, but i was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on high quality archival paper. I've heard and seen very good results with Epson's Velvet Fine Art Paper. I was wondering if anyone knows of a more cost effective media with similar or better results.

2. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Epson? Sounds like a printer paper. If so, yeah wrong forum.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Are you looking for a quality inkjet paper on which to print your digital images? Do you own or have access to the Epson 2200? (Just curious why you mentioned that printer. It's the printer I use and is a dandy photo printer.)

If that's what your aim is, Lumijet papers have what they call their "Preservation Series" of inkjet papers that supposedly have fair archival qualities. If you are, in fact, printing with the Epson 2200, then you are probably using their pigment-based inks which also boast good archival stability (as compared to dye-based inks).

Get online and find a "sampler set" of the Lumijet, or other brand papers. It's the cheapest way to sample several kinds and see which one works best for what you're doing. Good luck! :D