arctic watershed

notelliot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i recently drove through northwestern ontario. it was actually monday of this week. i didn't have nearly enough time to take all the photos i wanted to (didn't go for the purpose of photos..) but i did get these. basically, not as far north as you can get, but where the arctic begins.

anyway, the lake is called 'shabandowan', just outside of quetico (sp?) provincial park. i feel like i could talk forever about it (i grew up there).

i wouldn't mind some feedback, if you want to get critical. i think they're a bit dark, i may have over-captured the dull day. they're not very big either. thanks for looking.

2495361011_3b4319d272.jpg

2495360845_bdbb4bebe3.jpg

2496184612_bd0e955a54.jpg

2495360381_a250920f65.jpg

and for the hell of it, here's ottawa about a week ago, haha:

2483402315_8cb59f8671.jpg

thanks for your commentary skiboarder72, please ignore the following.

sidenote: i really get the impression that there is no point posting on TPF. my threads die after the first post. it's really discouraging, and i'm getting rather fed up with the lack of feedback everyone doesn't provide

my images must be flawless. i am a ****ing genious. it's a wonder why i'm not making 100k a year.

I think they may be salvageable. I think a bump in levels and contrast would do these wonders...and maybe some of them in b and w.

thank you ClarkKent, i truly appreciate your response.

I like the sign.

no, really, I'm quite pitiful with PS, but I have managed to salvage shots that are far worse than these. Ewww, that didn't sound right.

Take 2: I believe spending some time with Photoshop, you will get much better results. As ClarkKent mention, levels, curves and contrast.

thanks kundalini

well, it was a really effin dull day, i kind of liked the atmosphere myself, but here's the rehash. sorry about the compression, they lose all kinds of contrast when uploaded..

2499090028_6381af2da5_b.jpg

2498263271_5af8aec621_b.jpg

2499090826_d45d54e520_b.jpg

2498263811_8cb1961050_b.jpg

The re-edits are much better.

You know, you said you can talk about it forever, and obviously the place means a lot to you. Use the camera to capture and relate how you feel.

The location has a lot of potential. Love the fog.

thanks abraxas.
i wish i could spend more time up there. that was my first visit in 6 years. hopefully i can organize a photo trip there sometime.

I liked that second one. I think though, that these pictures would be way more awesome if there were more to look at. I like the second because it has the foggy/misty feel to it, and there is enough stuff in there to look at...But I'm no professional though, just my thoughts

Most reactions

New Topics

Back