Are DSLR's Dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUVs are as much a product of the tax situation in the USA as anything else, and small fuel efficient cars in Europe likewise.

It's not so much the virtue, or lack thereof, of the people.

This is dancing perilously close to politics.

For the record, only US americans are silly enough to drive SUVs.

To the rest of the world, they prefer more reasonable cars that use less gas.

And about the pinnacle of mankinds archievements, well I'm cool with photography taking this place, if we have ruled out oxygen, water, food and clothing as the core basics not eglible for such a spot.

I oppose to single out a specific kind of camera though. Every type of camera is a compromise. DSLRs are, right now, the best general cameras that offer the best bang for the buck and have the least shortcomings. They are also best at quite a number of things, too. Such as prominently autofocus for sports. But if you have special demands, highend large sensor compacts, large format cameras, or mirrorless system cameras all have their advantages. And if stealth is your priority, even the smartphone is best at something.
I drive a Honda CRV they are good on fuel for their size

dSLR's will be replaced with some sort of mirrorless system in the future, question is when. It all comes down to viewfinder quality and the mirrorless viewfinders keep getting better and better and can show so much more now and can only get better.

Dinosaurs Shall be Laid to Rest

It's simply a matter of evolution....

SDIM0024.jpg

Last edited:
EVFs dont offer that much resolution just yet, though. The delay problems are mostly over, but bad light and artificial light with 50 or 60 Hz components are still problematic.

And even if the Autofocus problems are finally getting resolved, as long as the camera makers insist on giving us mini-sensor systems with mini-glas, the image quality from mirrorless will keep staying inferior.

Dinosaurs Shall be Laid to Rest
So for you, insults replace meaningful arguments ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back