Are electric cars powered by coal-based electricity any benefit?

@astroNikon that's pretty impressive even if it was only 1.7 miles :biggrin-93: How about real life city and road mileage. Maintenance issues, longevity, etc., you know the things that make vehicle ownership such an ordeal
I forgot.
The electrical engine system is warrantied for 96 months or 100,000 miles.
The gas engine is warrantied for 48 months or 50,000 miles.
or something like that ...

the system has two MODES. EV and EV+. EV+ uses more battery more of the time. But the car learns your driving patterns and uses EV+ closer to destinations. A lot of my local driving is repetitious, so I'm in EV+ a lot.

How long does the battery last in years before it has to be replaced? Doesn't its efficiency reduce over time as well? What does it cost to replace? What does the cost to replace do to the retained value of the car for resale? What's the percent of depreciation of the car after 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?

(A) How long does the battery last in years before it has to be replaced? (B) Doesn't its efficiency reduce over time as well? (C) What does it cost to replace? (D) What does the cost to replace do to the retained value of the car for resale? What's the percent of depreciation of the car after 3 years? 5 years? 10 years?
A. good question because it varies on use and climate you live in and such. I was never able to determine that as my car design is too new. It's the second generation of MKZ so can't go by first generation information.
B. yes, as all batteries do.
C. I couldn't get a direct answer on that as it's warrantied for 9 years. I was researching if I could get a 2nd battery and piggy back it on the other one for a longer EV range but never could get a complete answer. The car can really only go about 2 miles on full EV without any regeneration during that period (or downhill, braking, etc).
D. it depreciates the same as the regular engine MKZ after 3 and 5 years. But of course other cars can be completely different.

I love my Hybrid Jeep.
i-jMmndN5-M.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back