are females better in photography?

I took this photo of my wife and niece:

LunchwithJulianadMax-1.jpg

my wife took this of me and my niece:

LunchwithJulianadMax-16.jpg

case closed.

OP...I don't look at commercial photogs. I look at the iconic ones.

In my area of street and doc photog I think women are as good as men in doc work - but not as good in street work. They do have some great women street photogs. But in general, women are too timid for street work. They seem to need approval first. But once they are allowed in, they can do great doc work.

Atwood, Garcia Rodero, Model, Freedman, Ferrato, Mark, Bourke-White, Dater and Arbus are some of my lady favs. Garcia Rodero is probably my all time favorite. Lots of great lady photogs out there. When I look at my fav list, maybe 30% are women. So I wont say they are better or not. But they can be as good or better than a man.

But...many of the iconic photographers were commercial photographers...I mean Irving Penn didn't just create iconic fashion portraits because he was bored. lol

Maybe you mean contemporary photographers?

My guess is that this woman could drive circles around any one of you boys:

Actually with what I have been doing for the last 30+ years I would take that challenge. It would be fun to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that this woman could drive circles around any one of you boys:

Sabine! God she is hot.

Especially when she is bouncing up and down yelling faster faster...

oh yeah and she can drive good.

p.s. I don't think I am helping things.

If I had three wishes, one of them would be to be able to drive like a rally driver. They're insanely good. That last drift around the switchback turn at 0.38 was beautiful.

If I had three wishes, one of them would be to be able to drive like a rally driver. They're insanely good. That last drift around the switchback turn at 0.38 was beautiful.

I want a french accent.

I used to like nascar, until I saw rally racing. Then I realized nascar was for the ones that cant drive.

Few rain drops in nascar, they stop the race. six inches of snow in rally they change tires.

This is the best way to learn:

Now THAT was hot! Being able to drive like a rally driver would be awesome. Being able to drive like a Finnish rally driver would be beyond description.

My boyfriend informs me there is a school in New Hampshire and has encouraged me to start saving :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back