Are Fish Eye Lenses Any Good?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by TommiP, Jul 30, 2006.

1. TommiP

TommiP TPF Noob!

I was Just wondering if anyone knows if Fish-Eye Lenses are any good and if so any recomendations? I have a Nikon D50.

2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    a 'fisheye' lens is just a type of lense, like a wide-angle or telephoto, although it has more to do with distortion than focal length. there are some good and bad fish-eye lenses, you just need to look at tests and reviews to determine which one is for you, as they can be quite different. check www.fredmiranda.com/reviews for reviews on the nikon fisheyes and sigma fisheyes (sigma's 15mm fisheye is very good). if you want to try a true fisheye for cheap, check out the peleng 8mm f/3.5 fisheye lense. you'll have to make sure it has the correct adapter mount to fit your camera, but you can get one on ebay for less than $200 pretty easily i think...

3. TommiP

TommiP TPF Noob!

Thanks for that i will check them out and see how i get on. :mrgreen:

4. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I love mine. Great for getting into tight spaces, and funny for reception photos.

5. Philip Weir

Philip Weir TPF Noob!

Sydney, Australia. The land of peace and sunshine.
    A great lens for effect. I use a 10.5 on my Nikon D100, and even though it distorts, it is an invaluable asset to my camera kit.