Are these photos "over the top"? Feedback Please!

Parker219

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This restaurant photo shoot was different than my others...

NORMALLY the client wants the FOOD to be the star. That's fine by me, I set up my lights, tripod, ect...and have full control over everything.

Well this place was different. The owner kept saying that he wants the girls in the photos, since that is a major part of the "theme" for this place. I wasn't complaining...but how do these photos look to you?

Do you think any are "over the top" ? As in not in good taste? Should I process these different?

Do you want to see more photos from this shoot?

TK-tiff-3.jpg

TK-tiff-18.jpg

TK-tiff-29.jpg

TK-tiff-28.jpg

TK-tiff-51.jpg

Do they take reservations?

A couple of things strike me: The lighting is, shall we say, 'unusual'. Why did you choose to light from below? I don't think these are 'over the top' as far as it goes (This is, I assume a 'Hooters' type of establishment?), but I think a more conventional lighting would have worked well, and I think lighting on the food as well would have helped. What really grabs my eye however are the backgrounds. In #1, we see 'half' a person through the window, along with a cluttered and distracting background. In #s 3 & 4, my eye is pulled directly toward the messy menus on the table; don't forget to double-check your surroundings and sort out all of the little details.

A couple of things strike me: The lighting is, shall we say, 'unusual'. Why did you choose to light from below? I don't think these are 'over the top' as far as it goes (This is, I assume a 'Hooters' type of establishment?), but I think a more conventional lighting would have worked well, and I think lighting on the food as well would have helped. What really grabs my eye however are the backgrounds. In #1, we see 'half' a person through the window, along with a cluttered and distracting background. In #s 3 & 4, my eye is pulled directly toward the messy menus on the table; don't forget to double-check your surroundings and sort out all of the little details.

Yeah I'm going to agree with John here. The lighting seems to be either from below or from the sides, which is not flattering to the girls NOR the food. In many shots the food is in some sort of shadow. And I agree that the backgrounds are a bit distracting.

Jake

Yes. He's accentuating the décolletage. Boobs.

The lighting isn't ideal because I went there to take photos of food, an so I had my food light.

The menus were put there by the owner, I thought they looked messy too, but I was trying to please the client.

I know from here on to come prepared for all circumstances.

You never know what restaurant photo shoot is going to turn in to a Maxim photo shoot! :bouncingsmileys:

Exactly...I may have gotten lucky on this one, in the sense that most people might notice the assets...and not the lighting direction. :1219:

The up-lighting with #2 :biglaugh:

I don't know what it is, her grin mixed with the light? It is sending me into a chuckle fit though.

What others said....I think you were a little too 'distracted' and forgot the basics with lighting.

Is it okay to use a photo that is not in crisp

TK-tiff-14-2.jpg

because of motion blur? Like this one?

Most reactions

Back