Are these photos "over the top"? Feedback Please!

Parker219 said:
The lighting isn't ideal because I went there to take photos of food, an so I had my food light.

Do your food light stands top out at five feet tall or what? The low main light placement gives these a weird, off-kilter look. Yes, yes, these are attractive young females in tight, skimpy clothing, with nice teeth and good makeup, but I can separate the subject matter from the photographic results, and these are not very good photographically. You've just GOT to get that main light elevated! When the nose-shadow is going 1) upwards and 2)side-ways, the lighting is just not glam or pretty or sexy.

And as far as the photo in post #15? INSTANT kill-file on that. Total reject. It's not motion blur--it's severe back-focus! The beer taps three feet behind her are well-focused. She's just way OOF.

After careful, indepth and lengthy examination I would have to agree the lighting is wonky.

What about this? Too starker like?

TK-tiff-68.jpg

Is the food fake as well?

Trash it, theres no story behind it. You can't tell what she's doing with her hands, and she has a non emotion expression, I vote trash it.

So yes, its too stalker-ish.

...The menus were put there by the owner, I thought they looked messy too, but I was trying to please the client...
I didn't mean the fact that the menus were there made it look messy, I'm referring to the fact that one is half out of the rack and the other is partly cropped. That said, you're the expert; you've been hired for your skill and knowledge. DO NOT be afraid to make suggestions or recommendations to the client. That's part of what you're paid for.

Ok...what about this one?

TK-tiff-58.jpg

Face is a little soft, 'all she's doing' is laying out napkins, really doesn't mean as much as bringing a nice juicy burger or a nice cold beer.

So to me, I'd trash this one also, only because I don't find the whole concept laying out napkins 'interesting'.

Nope.

3 shots would have been all you needed for this.

1. Girls holding food
2. Girls interacting with customers (young males)
3. Girls outside or near sign of business.

Boom bang bing. Done print.

"Over The Top" - funny!

Post #15; No, don't use it.

Ok...let me know what you think of these...

TK-tiff-15.jpg

TK-tiff-16.jpg

TK-tiff-61.jpg

TK-tiff-63.jpg

Ok...what about this one?

#23; Where's the eye contact?

Tell you what; just toss out anything that is blurry or where the models are not looking at the camera.

Shots 9,10,11,&12 no.

Parker219 said:
The lighting isn't ideal because I went there to take photos of food, an so I had my food light.

Do your food light stands top out at five feet tall or what? The low main light placement gives these a weird, off-kilter look. Yes, yes, these are attractive young females in tight, skimpy clothing, with nice teeth and good makeup, but I can separate the subject matter from the photographic results, and these are not very good photographically. You've just GOT to get that main light elevated! When the nose-shadow is going 1) upwards and 2)side-ways, the lighting is just not glam or pretty or sexy.

And as far as the photo in post #15? INSTANT kill-file on that. Total reject. It's not motion blur--it's severe back-focus! The beer taps three feet behind her are well-focused. She's just way OOF.

Points taken.

My food light sits on the table, I need to get one that can be raised.

Most reactions

Back