Are you a Copier or a Mover?

Are you a Copier or a Mover?

• I'm a sellout and use prepackaged software. Let me forever burn in the fiery pits of hell.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nukie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
iced.vanillashots.com
Right, I'm sick and tired of all these Darkroom questions about tossing and turning film and stuff.

So I'm asking the question that will ultimately either make or break you as a digital photographer .... Do you copy the photos off the flash card then delete them? are you a mover of them, saving the deletion process? Or are you a sellout to the big corporations that make your camera, preferring to use only their software?

So whats it going to be people? Let the world know how you get files from your cf card to your computer!

i dont really understand the question :scratch: ... but this is what i do

i take my CF card out of the camera, connect it to a USB card reader and open my files straight from the card one by one in photoshop ... i edit the ones i like, resave them as a .tiff ... remove the card from the card reader, put it back in my camera and press the delete all button ..

so what does that make me? :D

90% of the time I copy direct from the camera and the remaining 9% I take the card from the camera and copy from the card reader, but in both cases I make sure I've got them on the hard drives before deleting.
BTW, my OS is WinXP so I don't need to use the camera software, XP treats the camera the same as the card reader in that it looks like a removeable drive.
In case you're wondering about the missing 1% that's for those instances I've forgotten about.

I'm with drlynn i like my film i scan my negatives. There is just something about printing your own nvegaives and doging and burning the prints that so much more with negatives that digital doesnt have. No offence to you digital people but i love my film and mabe evenutally Ill go digital

I do the same as Dew - It takes a while but well worth it later - except I save the files as a photoshop file. It's bigger and better to work with later.
Phodog

I copy my stuff from the card then to my computer. Then I format it on the camera. *shrugs*

I do use the software because it has a quick save button and it opens auto when the camera is plugged (USB) in and turned on. But this is just at my home and on my parent's computer.

At the boyfriend's the program doesn't open (it wasnt installing properly..boohoo such a shame..not ;)) auto..so I just open the folder (whihc pops up) and copy, then format.

I had bad luck with deleting things from the folder. :(

And yeah, I sleep better at night knowing that they are on my computer..this is what I feel comfy with.

I am definitely a mover, saves time and safely backed up on my hard drive and cd. Besides if a move fails it won't delete the file as the file is deleted after the file is copied. Basically a move is a copy then delete combo.

Then I catalog my software in the original format with my photo catalog software, preserving the original to never be changed. 8)

I use finepix viewer and move them from the one window to the directory I just created for the pictures. And then delete the pictures in the other directory. But eventually when I get around to it, Ill finish my program that will automatically move the pictures over for me and put them in a directory that I want and rename them teh way I want, etc. :0)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back