Are you on the DC Meetup List?

jocose said:
LAFOTO'S COMING TO DC :headbang:LAFOTO'S COMING TO DC :headbang:LAFOTO'S COMING TO DC :headbang:LAFOTO'S COMING TO DC:headbang:

Let's all hope and pray my mother-in-law will make it until then and for longer ... nothing's certain though... :cry:

Jocse,

As much as I would love to agree it would only take 15 minutes, I would not want to be the one holding my breath waiting at the mall. You know nothing takes 15 minutes in DC. I live 15 minutes from the metro and only 9 stops from the mall and it takes me over an hour and a half on a work day. Metro's are almost as crowded on weekends as wrok days. Either way though, it's not like they have some tight schedule so it wont be a problem either way.

Scott

MyCameraEye said:
Jocse,

As much as I would love to agree it would only take 15 minutes, I would not want to be the one holding my breath waiting at the mall. You know thing takes 15 minutes in DC. I'd say an hour from Herdon. Maybe if things are all running perfect 40 minutes. I live 15 minutes from the metro and only 9 stops from the mall and it takes me over an hour and a half on a work day. Metro's are almost as crowded on weekends as wrok days. Either way though, it's not like they have some tight schedule so it wont be a problem either way.

Scott

So...wait...you're saying we'll be staying an hour and a half away from DC??

I just spoke with one of my co-workers who comes in from Herndon VA every day. He said on a work day, it takes him about an hour and 15 minutes. He said if he drives in, it might be a little faster but he also said if you drive in, you could be looking for a parking spot for a LONG LONG time in D.C. Also, another consideration is finding a parking spot at the metro station. Some metro stations have thousands of parking spots. East falls church metro has exactly 422 parking spots. Also unlike week days, trins do not run every 5 minutes on weekend. They sometimes can run 10 to 15 minutes apart from each other so you always have to plan on waiting time.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not trying to scare you away, I am just saying that getting into D.C. is always a mofo.

MyCameraEye said:
I just spoke with one of my co-workers who comes in from Herndon VA every day. He said on a work day, it takes him about an hour and 15 minutes. He said if he drives in, it might be a little faster but he also said if you drive in, you could be looking for a parking spot for a LONG LONG time in D.C. Also, another consideration is finding a parking spot at the metro station. Some metro stations have thousands of parking spots. East falls church metro has exactly 422 parking spots. Also unlike week days, trins do not run every 5 minutes on weekend. They sometimes can run 10 to 15 minutes apart from each other so you always have to plan on waiting time.

Please do not get me wrong, I am not trying to scare you away, I am just saying that getting into D.C. is always a mofo.
I’m sure it will all be fine. :) And your comments may indeed be scaring off some people, and quite needlessly. Staying in town at a cost of over $150 a night was just not an option for most people, so regardless of whether it’s at the Marriott or another hotel outside of DC, some folks are going to be trekking in. We’ll be car pooling, using the Met, or a combination of the two. Any real help you’d like to offer would be great! :thumbup:

Besides, staying together at the same place makes for a better party every night. :mrgreen:

I had PM'd a mod offered some real help a few months back but no one got back to me. I offered to help car some folks in for the day. I have a full car as it stands now but none from this forum. No one got back to me. No biggie though. I was just trying to tell you guys it was going to take more then 45 minutes to get into the city. That's all. I'll shut up now.

terri said:
I’m sure it will all be fine. :) And your comments may indeed be scaring off some people, and quite needlessly. Staying in town at a cost of over $150 a night was just not an option for most people, so regardless of whether it’s at the Marriott or another hotel outside of DC, some folks are going to be trekking in. We’ll be car pooling, using the Met, or a combination of the two. Any real help you’d like to offer would be great! :thumbup:

Besides, staying together at the same place makes for a better party every night. :mrgreen:

LaFoto said:
Let's all hope and pray my mother-in-law will make it until then and for longer ... nothing's certain though... :cry:

Corinna (and hubby)...your mother(-in-law) is in my prayers...I do hope she is OK!

Jocose, I believe you were already aware of this hotel commitment, since Chase told you last night.

In addition, to set the record straight - I have actually planned nothing, personally. Chase and Aubrey chose this hotel. I have merely been asked by Chase to put the word out, as things were decided upon. :) I regret that this action has apparently upset you.

FINALLY found out for sure that Erik can have the weekend off!!!!! :cheer: So...in the next week we will be finalizing plans! :)

Parking can be done at Potomac Yards. From there, you can either:

A) Walk to Crystal City metro or Braddock Metro which can take about 20 minutes. (1 mile)
B) Take the bus to Crystal City metro or Braddock Metro which can take about 15-30 minutes (Bus # 10A - 10E) The extra wait time is the time it takes for the bus to come.
C) Take a Cab which will cost about $15

Potomac Yards is a shopping center that has NO signs saying that you cannot park there and leave. A lot of people do it and it's so busy that it doesn't matter. It is located 5 minutes from the National Airport so that is convenient for people who are coming into the airport that way. I would suggest taking the metro because as MyCameraEye says, it is a pain to find parking in D.C.

If you guys have any questions, PM me and I will be happy to answer them.

-Goldeneyes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back