4. Irvine Bridge
100_2252.jpg

5. Ghost town.. literally
100_2254.jpg

100_2257.jpg

100_2258-1.jpg

8. Irvine Courthouse
100_2259.jpg

9. Irvine newspaper.. where I'm hoping to find out soon if they're in need of a photographer :D
100_2261.jpg

100_2271.jpg

100_2274.jpg

100_2278.jpg

100_2284.jpg

Here are a few more of some of the pics that I took yesterday and a couple of them that I've re-edited :) enjoy

15. A closer view of what the sign says
100_2260-1.jpg

16. The Courthouse again but with the actual colors
100_2253.jpg

17. More of our pretty mountains
100_2266.jpg

18. One-lain road under the railroad. Out of all of them.. and there's a lot, this one is used daily.
100_2269.jpg

19. Another view of "Trip Tunnel"
100_2282.jpg

20. Crossing over the tracks
100_2288.jpg

21. Ravena - the other ghost town (There are 2 VERY small towns in Estill County, Irvine and Ravena)
100_2295.jpg

WOW I like this series alot

I don't really like #1, though I guess it's neccessary so we know where you are...I really like #2, and really REALLY like #3 for some reason I can't explain...#4's not really doing it for me. #5's a very nice shot of the place, #6 could have been great if it was just a bit more...centred. For some reason, I like the Pepsi dispenser in #7. Kind of adds a modern touch to a very old corner (well, 1916 isn't VERY old, but it's decent). #8-10 don't do too much for me either, but I love almost any train/rail/railyard shots..so..almost by default I like it, though it is a nice shot ;). The last two aren't anything spectacular to me, but a solid series overall.

Thank you very much for you comments :) this is my hometown.. just a few locations... you don't see people in these shots if you noticed.. because.. well, there are none! lol. I think our population is about 2000.. and no one ever stays here.. so yeah lol.

#2.. be glad it's not in color.. it would be a very nasty shot otherwise.. the river is gross.. the idea of the houses interests me though lol

and on #13, that has been called "Trip Tunnel" I never knew it was there until today - my boyfriend told me about it and we drove out there.. aparently that's where everyone goes to get high.. :confused: lol. I just thought it was very cool because the grafiti on the walls has been done for about the past 60-70 years so the wall was really REALLY smooth from all the paint on it.. so that's a piece of history for ya :D lol

Just love the sequence of photos i actually like the first one :D

My favourite is #3 though it's fantastic :D

nice series! i like that you have alot of different elements in this group. 2 and 7 i really like. 10 and 11 also caught my eye fancy. but i did enjoy all of them. nice going! :)

Thank you for inviting us to your home town.
Very interesting series and you have chosen some lovely spots to photograph here.

I am particularly intrigued by Photo 2, I think the light is best of all, coming from a low angle and from the left (that is how I see it ... but what do I really see?), outlining the boat house and houseboats so well.

But I also like the Ghost Town pic, maybe because it reminds me of the way my place looks like for most of the time, and not only through the Opening Game (and probably all subsequent games that involved the German Team) of the World Cup (soccer - between June 9 and July 9) (see here) ;)

Do I detect a hint of Spako's "almost-complete-but-not-quite-complete-desaturation-technique" in some of your versions here?

I think I like the corner pic of the Williamsburg Building a bit better, though the vending machine in the other is also a nice element.

Actually there are very many good and interesting pics here, like the hay (or much rather: straw) bales, and hey! ... the graffiti! Wow. Cool one!

I think that local paper will be in need of you as their photographer really soon! :D

Could my reply entice you to go into my thread on my "lively" place (which is not my home-town, we moved here 7 years ago)?

I really like your series!

I like 2 10 and 20 the best!
It's funny to see how different your architecture is from the one we have here....

Most reactions

Back