Aren't Hobbies Supose to be Relaxing?

Emerana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I started shooting a little over a month ago and have found myself totally in love with photography. I am not in love with the fact that I get totally stressed out and hate almost everything I shoot. Here are my photos from today...I know they are better then a month ago, but I feel discouraged that they aren't what I wish they were. So advice?

Also I found one computer (the one i edit on) shows photos much less saturated then our other computer...so if anyone can comment how it is showing up on their comps, I would be much appreciative!

Thanks!!

wind.jpg

tree.jpg

sliders.jpg

linebirdds.jpg

lakeview.jpg

lake2.jpg

birds.jpg

No one gets to be a pro overnight... It takes time, be happy that you are better now than you were!!! And you know what? Those pictures are pretty damn good!

I like 2 and 4 the best.

I am a big fan of #1..
I have been shooting for a few years now, and you are a better shot than I am.. Don't be so hard on yourself. Your photos are great!

5 is a great shot. its good to be a tough critique of your self BUT don't be so tough that you get angry with yourself. just say okay this isn't one of my better shots but this one is. if you take it to a point where you are expecting the best photo ever you are never going to enjoy the hobby.

loving the moss shots!

Thanks for the feedback! I think I got a wee bit obsessed last night. I feel better today. My husband always reminds me that if I got it all down overnight then it would be no fun at all. And he is totally right. I need to pull in my perfectionism again and just enjoy pretty pictures and learning

Yea, Don't get so down on yourself.. I was kinda getting pissy with myself yesterday... but then i realized i was just being stupid.. heh.

I like the pictures btw. 3 and 6 are my favorite.

i keep looking at your set and always get drawn back to number 7, yeh #7 it is.
Good job.

the shots are nice......so quit beating yourself up :banghead:

no one and i mean NO ONE takes 100 photos and has 100 keepers. it just doesn't happen.

example: yesterday i was at the local airport and i spot this really old war plane (unusual for this area to have something that cool) i make several exposures of it and end up only liking 1 of them and even with that, i would like to have done it differently. the photo didn't exactly end up how i would have liked for it to.

did i kick myself for it? nope. i seen a different direction that i could take the feel of the photo for the re-shoot (providing the plane will still be there). so i learned from my own photo which is a very good way to learn.

Just reflect on the fact that if everyone took great photos all the time, cameras wouldn't need a delete button... you feel much better now don't you? :biggrin:

Look's to me you have a good eye for composing shots. When you critique your shots focus on what would have made the shot better...

Jerry

mostly tech aspects Jerry. Noise which I seem to get way more often then I should. I don't think I can make a razor sharp photo to save my life so that is the main issue I am having. Learning about pp is kind of stressing me out but I am going to start shooting raw and see if that helps. Also I still lose alot of photos because I didn't meter right or I left my ISO up too high after being inside, or I don't get the right focal point.

As far as comp, I tend to look at my photos and think they would have been much better should I have crouched down or moved to another location...alas, I am laze lol. actually I am often limited by mommy duties...and a little lazy lol

In learning how to give myself a break, I took a little over 100 photos yesterday and 20-25 turned out OK (18 nice and 10 I liked). That isn't too bad I guess. I tend to be a real prefectionist...

I really do appriciate the feedback and support and kind words. It helps to know I am being obsessive and not that I should throw in the towel.

For only a month of shooting, these pictures are pretty good. You'll grasp the technical bits with time. The vast majority of my "keepers" (not that I have many after 8 months) came after the first half of that 8 months. The first month or so I was pretty much forcing shots too much and the technical aspects left something to be desired.

I have heard that out of every 100 shots you might get 10 really good keeper.. So if you are getting 18-20 that is really good.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back