Aren't Hobbies Supose to be Relaxing?

I have to agree with everyone, I'd say your doing pretty good if 1 out of 10 is a keeper. That's the joy of shooting digital, you can take so many more shots and have instant feedback on your LCD. You'll also find as you get better, you'll start getting better images and more stuff to work with. The only problem is, you start getting more critical of your work and only pick like 1-2 out of a 100, but they'll end up being much better.

That being said, I really like shot #1. I think it has the strongest composition, atleast for me. Shot #7 has good comp too.

Oh good I'm not the only one who really likes #1!! I think it is fantastic!

The whole point of photography is freezing something in time to look back and reflect on it, whatever it may be....Unfortunately, it also causes our mistakes to glare right in our faces.....It's called "Oh yah, I should've done that instead, now I know for next time (right mouse click, delete, empty recycle BIN) and on to the next one!!"

PS The pics are great!!!

Nice pics and I feel your pain.

I just got back from sevral hours of being out shooting this and that. Found a couple of places I want to go back to (that's a good thing) and out of 130 pics I'll probably like less than 10 tonight when I view them. But I want delete all of them immediately, I'll keep 'em for a few weeks and revisit them. Maybe cropping or something will work when looking at them with a fresh eye. Just yesterday I deleted more pics from my day out a few weeks ago. That day was a 75 pic day and I liked 5 that night. I've revisited them several times fixing a few and deleting the ones I've decided say nothing at all to me after several revisits.

I'm just getting my feet wet with better post processing software, too.

A lot to learn, and yes, sometimes it gets me down because I want it ALL right now. That's when I walk away for a day or two and play guitar or banjo. My other hobbies...

Oh, I guess I should mention. Like today. Many of the 130 pics I shot today are of the same subject/scene shot 5 or more ways. Gets boring.... I look forward to the day I can walk up and take maybe two pics and walk away confident I have what I want. Or does it work that way?? :lol: The best part of today was a kayaker. I turned to program mode and I got several shots of him in the rapids and the moment was over forever. No time for second guessing or looking for a better angle. Sweet!!

I think everyone to some extent knows where you're coming from.

I really get frustrated with myself when I see what I want to take and visualise the image in my head, snap away and on returning home to upload on the comp screen there's nothing decent. Frustrating indeed, but at least on digital, you recharge the battery and off you go again! :thumbup:

Regarding these photos...
#1 is my fave. :thumbup:

The wildlife/nature photos are pretty cool. Wish I had that kind of material to work with here!

you are very good, some of those need a little work, but for the most part .. they are amazing, and you have nothing to be upset about

good work, keep working

Most reactions

Back