Arista B+W and Diafine?

yellowjeep

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
nickginther.imagekind.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anybody tried this combo? How were the result?

As usual I got post happy and forgot about flickr. The results look pretty good, I am still interested in any first hand experience from posters here.

I like Diafine. I use it with Efke and Forte. It's good stuff.

Do you know how many rolls can be done in one batch of it? I am thinking about getting a 100' roll of Arista and a some Diafine. Is 20 rolls reasonable?

It never wears out. Or so I've been told. I've got a gallon of Part A and a gallon of Part B. I fill the tank with A, let it do it's magic for a while, and pour the A back into the bottle. Same with B. Then I fix as normal.

I bet I've run 50 rolls through mine.

When I started the thread about not buying more film I was kidding.

I won a bulk loader and and some cartridges. Some of the cartridges have Arista 200 in them, and the loader is said to have around 50ft left in it.

I started looking around for a tank and ended up winning a lot of developing supplies. A stainless tank, 3 bags of D-76, a bottle of indicator stop-bath. A thermometer, a box of 8x10 rc-4, and some tongs and trays.

A couple of questions.

I was planning on just using water as a stop. What are the advantages of an indicator stop bath.

Fixer, I figured I would just go pick some up and the shop I frequent. Anything specific to look for?

I didn't start a new thread because I do still plan on using Diafine. I figured I would use the D-76 at 1:1 until I got rid of it all.

Any other advice is more than welcome as well.

I've never used a stop bath; just water. Just a personal thing, I guess.

And I just use Kodak fixer. Nothing special.

YAY, so the film/loader is here, rolled my own 36 exp roll (its actually probably less, I need practice). The developing stuff comes Wednesday. I can't wait to try my hand at this

Most reactions

Back