Arizona Lakes

JTHphoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted this a few days ago, but it didn't last long in the fast moving general gallery. Photogoddess's shot of watson lake reminded me it was in there, so I thought I would try it over here... (long winded explanation for a bump) ;)

A couple of lake photos from my archives...

1) Sunset over Apache Lake - Nikon Coolpix 4300
apachelake.jpg

2) Brittlebush - (Canyon Lake) - Canon Rebel G
canyonlake.jpg

3) Boulders - (Watson Lake) - Canon Rebel G
watsonlake.jpg

4) Slabs - (Woods Canyon Lake) - Canon Elan IIe
woodscanyon1.jpg

5) Snow Melt - (Woods Canyon Lake) - Canon Elan IIe
woodscanyon2.jpg

Can't believe they didn't get responses...they're all very lovely. I like the first and third very much. Great work pursuer :)

Know what's funny. I saw the thread but was so busy, I forgot to post something. I actually dug my Watson Lake shot out because of your post.

BTW... Awesome shots! :thumbsup:

JTHphoto said:
A couple of lake photos from my archives...

<sigh>.......Home......</sigh>

I have a few pics from every one of those areas. My Apache Lake and Watson Lake pics are a little different though. Woods Canyon was always my favorite place when I was a kid. Caught more trout from there than anywhere else in AZ. But that was back in the day when you also had to hike 5 miles to Willow Springs Lake. Now it's like a city park :sad anim:

Oh well, great pics though...........

These are some beautiful captures,I like #3 and #4 very much - great work!

It becomes most apparent that you live in a very beautiful part of this world!
They say it becomes a bit hot there in summer, though?
But you have these lakes then to cool down a bit, right? ;)
Heehee, or snow in winter, as you so clearly are letting us see.

thanks for the nice comments everyone...

LaFoto said:
It becomes most apparent that you live in a very beautiful part of this world!
They say it becomes a bit hot there in summer, though?
But you have these lakes then to cool down a bit, right? ;)
Heehee, or snow in winter, as you so clearly are letting us see.

It's very beautiful and such a variety. Hot and dry in the lower deserts and snow, mountains, forests in the higher elevations. I just wish I could make more time to photograph it all...

malachite said:
<sigh>.......Home......</sigh>

I have a few pics from every one of those areas. My Apache Lake and Watson Lake pics are a little different though. Woods Canyon was always my favorite place when I was a kid. Caught more trout from there than anywhere else in AZ. But that was back in the day when you also had to hike 5 miles to Willow Springs Lake. Now it's like a city park :-(

I would love to see your photos, I always loved Woods Canyon too, that's where I learned how to fish... i've been spending more time up in the white mountains lately, Big Lake and the Black River. I know what you mean about Willow Springs... most of the best places are like that anymore... :meh:

Most reactions

Back