Arizona Meetup?

Well, my schedule is difficult, but will try to join a meetup if one takes place.

Well I just got here, but I'd be up for one. Always looking for an excuse to head out with the camera! :D

I wish I were able to make the trip out there over President's wkend with Tom's team. I'm still not quite there yet. But getting close!

This'll be Tom's last season of club ball. Next year college.

Peoria, AZ here! We should do another meet soon! I would be glad to help organize another get together :)
I am pretty close by in Surprise (the very East end). I would definitely be up for a meet, and have been since I joined TPF (but I am not good at setting these things up).

Although they have in the past, I don't know that TPF'ers from AZ meet up these days. I have a couple of friends I shoot with occasionally, but certainly would be interested in a TPF meetup if someone sets it up (I am not the organizational type). I lean toward nature photography, though, and am not that interested in city/people shooting in general.

BTW, there are a couple of local Meetup groups on Meetups.com (e.g. AZshutterbugs)

Although they have in the past, I don't know that TPF'ers from AZ meet up these days. I have a couple of friends I shoot with occasionally, but certainly would be interested in a TPF meetup if someone sets it up (I am not the organizational type). I lean toward nature photography, though, and am not that interested in city/people shooting in general.

BTW, there are a couple of local Meetup groups on Meetups.com (e.g. AZshutterbugs)

Actually there are quite a few groups on Meetup.com. I belong to 6, 4 in Phx and 2 in Tucson. They all schedule a meetup at least once a month, including shoots and meet and greats. I find them very helpful and fun.

It's odd that there are no recent meetups, this thread is fairly active in the "Locations and Meetup" section of the forum (more responses that any meetup thread for locations in the US). Might be good to get something going before it's way too hot to do anything here. I have only been part of one meetup ever (Scott Kelby Photo Walk 2009), and I have to say, it was a pretty good time.

Oh well, I won't push the issue since, like I said, I cannot put things like this together. But, respond below if you might be interested and certainly if you do not mind spearheading something like this. There might be enough interest to get something going after all.

We've talked some time ago about putting together a trip to N. Arizona but that's been on the back burner for a while.

How about a little outing to one of my favorite places near Phoenix? The Vulture Mine, 12 miles away from Wickenburg, a relatively easy drive from the Metro Phoenix. The place is decaying rapidly and would be great to have some pictures of it before it disappears. The place is still open although admission has gone up to $10 a person all day.

Just an idea...

Havent been to the Vulture mine. Im still in Flagstaff and the only place for meeting here would be in the Verde Valley or the canyon. Unless you all want to bring your showshoes then I know lots of places to go.

Thanks Icass, I will definetly check out that site. Someone else mentioned it to me as well. I'm moving to Tempe this month...and I'm not a city girl no way no how LOL so I don't even know how---or what to shoot in the city. Gonna miss the trees *sigh*lol

But meeting up with other *flatlanders* as we call em here up north az Hahaha... Could do a meet up....ill check that site out :D thanks again!!

If it was on a Saturday and in the Phoenix area, I would be game.

OK, so shoot them with a camera, anyway.

If any of my fellow Zonies is interested, I discovered a place just East of Phoenix (in Gilbert) with an outstanding collection of birds begging to be photographed. This is a collection of wastewater reclamation ponds (still used for their intended function) which have been made into a bird sanctuary (with over 200 species reported). You can get pretty close to many of them, so uber-telephotos are not necessarily required for many subjects. The place has benches, picnic spots, etc. too! For the stargazers, it also has an observatory.

Check it out! Best of all, admission is FREE!

There are occasional activities with a small charge.

Riparian Institute Home Page

Here are a few examples from this morning. I went out there for a couple of hours after dropping my kids off at school in order to check it out:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/nature-wildlife/203405-some-waders.html

I go there every saturday icassell. Discovered it a few weeks back. Lived in Gilbert for 5 years and never even realized it was there. That would be a cool place for a meet up for wildlife shooters.

Most reactions

Back