Arizona Meetup?

The Phx Zoo is another possibility, but there is an admission fee ... This is the last guy who didn't pay.

OrangBaby.jpg

That's a great place too -- just not sure how much will be blooming in July. I'm a member of both and they are frequent photo escapes for me. The butterfly exhibit was awesome, but I think it ended in May.

longwing.jpg

Last edited:
We could do an evening South Mountain Hike. If we park our cars at the entrance off 48th street and shuttle to the main parking area coming off Central, we'll essentially have a one-way, downhill hike, which isn't as bad in the summer. Its a few miles, so of course we'd have to adjust for those who wouldn't want to hike. We'd just have to make sure to get off the mountain by the time the gates close to the main parking area.

We could do an evening South Mountain Hike. If we park our cars at the entrance off 48th street and shuttle to the main parking area coming off Central, we'll essentially have a one-way, downhill hike, which isn't as bad in the summer. Its a few miles, so of course we'd have to adjust for those who wouldn't want to hike. We'd just have to make sure to get off the mountain by the time the gates close to the main parking area.

That sounds good too. Friday & Saturday nights are usually out for me, but if the timing works for everyone else that's cool.

That sounds good too. Friday & Saturday nights are usually out for me, but if the timing works for everyone else that's cool.
What part of Arizona do you live in MissMia? I'm in Glendale. I'd be up for a meet. I really wanted to do a drive through Jerome, Cottonwood, up to Sedona and to Flagstaff. There would be hundreds of awesome things and people to photograph.

What part of Arizona do you live in MissMia? I'm in Glendale. I'd be up for a meet. I really wanted to do a drive through Jerome, Cottonwood, up to Sedona and to Flagstaff. There would be hundreds of awesome things and people to photograph.

I'm in Cave Creek. That would be a fun trip. The problem is I could spend several days in each of those locations. :D

So, has there been any final decision as to time/place? It was your idea, MissMia, so I think it should be your call. I'm not much for long outdoor summer hikes here in Phoenix.

So, has there been any final decision as to time/place? It was your idea, MissMia, so I think it should be your call. I'm not much for long outdoor summer hikes here in Phoenix.

You must have known I was working on this!!!!!!

I am in the process of arranging a meet-up at Mitica100's coffee shop on Saturday July 12th. Details to follow shortly. :mrgreen:

JULY 12TH '08 NOON MEET UP @ MITICA100'S COFFEE SHOP!

Let's get together and plan a couple photography trips for this fall, view Mitica100's B&W photos from Vulture Mine and drink the best coffee in Phoenix!!!

Potential Fall outings:

Vulture Mine
Tonto Natural Bridge
Jerome
Grand Canyon

Spring '09
Monument Valley & Canyon de Chelly

I just saw this. It looks as if I may not be around but if I am, I'll try to make it.

I'll definitely be there. His coffee rocks.

If anyone wants a ride from central Phoenix (16th st/Thomas area) let me know.

Schedule still up-in-the-air, but will certainly try to be there (black ... no sugar)!

Hey gang, happy to accommodate everyone's taste when it comes to coffee. :lol:

Saturday July 12 is on my calendar to be at the shop, waiting for all you Forumites from AZ. Christina, you rock, girl!!! :hail:

Most reactions

Back