Reaction score
Previously posted last year:

Apache Lake: Sept 27th, 2004
ApacheLake092704-10.jpg

Watson Lake: July 3rd, 2004
WatsonLake070204-28.jpg

Wickenburg: July 4th, 2004
Wickenburg070304-13T.jpg

..........</shameless self exhibition> ;)

I love star trails so I really like the last shot. The second shot is amazing, looks like a long exposure from the clouds, very beautiful. Im not sure what to say about the first shot.... how about stunning or WOW! that is an incredible photograph, Im am definatly envious, how long was the exposure?
:thumbup:

Wow, these are just plain awesome! Thanks for sharing... Is the second one a night shot too? I'm with pursuer, i would love to know the settings. I'm out Wickenburg way all the time too, my aunt and uncle live on a cattle ranch just north of town. I have a few windmill shots, but none quite as cool as this. good work!

Holy crap! Is that lightning for real? :shock: no offense intended.
I really like the Watson Lake shot. Love the motion in the sky.
Love the star trails too. I might crop a bit of the FG.

Great shots! :) thanks for posting.

Love them all, but the first and last really blow me away :) I think I've found my third nomination for the POTM :)

JTHphoto said:
I'm with pursuer, i would love to know the settings.

I record all my info in a little journal as it helps pass the time while exposing at night.

The lightning shot was the last of a few shot series. 28mm lens (to give you an idea of how close that lightning is and hence the reason it was the last pic of the night) shot on Fuji 64T @ f/8 for 7:30 minutes. The wind was really blowing so I burried the tripod legs about a foot down for stability.

The Watson Lake photo is was a trip. There are no clouds in that shot actually, that's smoke from a fire 130 miles south. The purple is all from reciprocity failure of Ektachrome 100SW. Shot with a 24mm lens, also for 7:30 minutes at f/5.6

The windmill pick was shot with a 24mm lens for 35 minutes with Fuji 64T @ f/5.6 The horizon glow is from the moon before it came over the hill.

Thank you all for the kind comments :wink:

These are stunning, wonderful work. 35 minutes tho, now thats dedication, or maybe just darkness. :) But worth the wait all of these. That lightning is intense. Thank you for sharing.

Jeff

Most reactions

New Topics

Back