Arizona Wedding Photographers ( photo journalism style)

Status
Not open for further replies.

openingdaybreak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a great relativity less expensive photographer to do my wedding in Arizona in late summer or fall 07. I don't have a location yet (Flagstaff, Sedona, Queen Creek or Tucson) will pay to travel pending on the quality of pictures. I'm very picky about style and the crispness of the photograph. I'm interested in having a few sessions such as; rehearsal dinner, engagement, wedding all day etc.

I'd love to give an amuture a chance to get a better porfolio or someone who needs more exposusre. The photographers I have been interested in are about 12,000.00 per wedding. Personally even if your able to charge that much and get away with it I wouldn't want to hire them even if I could afford it.

Here's an example of the style I like. Unfortunately she charges an arm and a leg. However I don't think her pic are not 'that' clear for her price but I like the style.

http://www.boutwellstudio.com

Another photographer whom I think has the best clarity example is Erinvey off flicker whom only does photos for children and her friends weddings.

http://www.erinvey.com/
http://flickr.com/people/erinvey/

Let me know if you guys have any leads that match these examples. I'm looking to spend around 2,000.00 and am flexible. I already have someone one in mind form New York I will just fly in if I don't finda local. Thanks!

you say "get away with" Like they are stealing something. lol

The boutwell portfolio looked the best to me !! Very good shots, good style although the contrastyness sometimes sacrifices details. To get those shots your talking very expensive lenses and on camera softboxes and 2 -3 shooters, plus there is a lot of post processing to make them look like that.

Thats why they charge so much...

Well after looking through the website's portfolios I can see why you want that style. They are excellent photos. I hope you find what your looking for.

I doubt that you will get that quality without paying for it. They are very good pictures. How much are you willing to invest in your quest? And, no, I am not applying.

Rusty Tripod

I really doubt you can find anything as amazing as the Boutwell photography for $2,000. I'm not saying that you can't find something that will suit your needs, but there is a reason those studios that produce such outstanding work charge what they are worth:)
You may have to compromise by getting less hours of coverage or something with a less established photographer.
"Personally even if your able to charge that much and get away with it I wouldn't want to hire them even if I could afford it." I'm going to be blunt and say that this sentence really turns me off. The photographers who you like spent thousands of hours perfecting their craft and deserve to charge what they do. Pictures like that don't just happen all on their own ya know. I understand that not everyone can afford what they charge, but you are outright saying that they aren't worth the money even if you had enough to pay them.

Danalec-Awesome website. I am finding it most helpful!

I was posting for information purposes not for sarcastic remarks. I know plenty of photographer who are good who don't charge that much they are just not in the area I want. I know they are out there and a D5 camera is not that expensive if your doing photography for a living.

The point I was making is many people are charging a lot of money that they are not worth. Anyone can take a photo and you don't need expensive equipment if you know what your doing. So if you don't know of anyone like that nor have a lead than be quiet.

Here is an example of nice quality work under 2,000.

http://myalley.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/lurk.jpg

Yah we're all going to race to Arizona to shoot this wedding.

"Ooh ooh I want to be underappreciated first"
"wait your turn, I'm being denigrated now"
"not until my talents have been discounted to commodity status"
"you brought back-up equipment? how cute"

.I'd run a search on Respond for your local photographers. You can filter your search by price range, style, zip code etc.
.Also, google the term "Arizona Wedding Photographer". I just found plenty of hits.

Hope this would help.

---
openingdaybreak said:
I know they are out there and a D5 camera is not that expensive if your doing photography for a living.
You forgot to add mortgage/rent for the studio, mortgage/rent for the home, business insurance, utility bills for both home and studio, equipment/software/computer upgrade expenses, car payments, living expenses, health insurance for the photographer and the family, children's education, contingency expenses etc.

openingdaybreak said:
Anyone can take a photo and you don't need expensive equipment if you know what your doing.
Thanks to the smaller formats and especially the digital medium, photography has reached more people. But, in order to consistently generate good work, week after week, month after month, year after year, it would take a bit more than just getting a 'D5 camera'. What people charge is often a result of their countless hours of experience, education, the business expenses and/or the targeted market. Boutwells serves the pricey OC market, where the clients do not blink twice at their price range. Just because a photographer is above your price range, does not mean they are 'getting away' with it. There are people who think 2k (that you are willing to spend) is still high. That does not mean the photographer who will cover your wedding is getting away with it.

Anyways, I hope the above searches will lead you to the photographer that you are looking for and I wish you the very best!

who was sarcastic? wow !!

if anyone can do it, and you dont need to pay that much for it,
why do you have to fly someone in from 2900 miles away ?

just give a disposable camera to aunt selma and have her shoot it.

I have to call Shenanigans on this one.......

LOL, it is great when everything you say in taken in a diffrent way than you meant it and then picked apart by every posting when you just wanted help beyond the "google searching". This site is dumb. :lmao:

LOL, it is great when everything you say in taken in a diffrent way than you meant it and then picked apart by every posting when you just wanted help beyond the "google searching". This site is dumb. :lmao:

This site is full of photographers. So does it really come as a suprise that we aren't exactly sympathetic to a person who wants to have wonderful quality in her wedding photographs but doesn't want to pay for them?

You just don't want to hear that you aren't going to get something as nice as the Boutwell photography for 2 grand.

That being said, it's certainly not impossible that you could find someone who is just getting started and who has a great eye and is willing to do your wedding for less than they would once they are more established. Perhaps you can look at art students?
Good luck.

Wow I love this sight seeing self righteous people who like to think they are proffessional photographers. I personally agree that 12,000 dollars is way too much for photos that look half ass and look like my 3 year old niece took them. So you people shouldnt get bent when everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It also seems your identity is in your photography and that probably explains why most of you don't have a life and think you are worth millions for doing only a couple hours of work. Pathetic!

Anyways if you want a real photographer who has been doing it for over fifty years message me!

On a different thought, do you have music hired for your wedding? ;)

Check my banner below...

all we did was ask questions, we made up no improvasions about our credentials.
the photographer with 50 years of expirience that cant charge more then 2K for a wedding brings many questions to mind though....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back