Arizona Wedding Photographers ( photo journalism style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I love this sight seeing self righteous people who like to think they are proffessional photographers. I personally agree that 12,000 dollars is way too much for photos that look half ass and look like my 3 year old niece took them. So you people shouldnt get bent when everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It also seems your identity is in your photography and that probably explains why most of you don't have a life and think you are worth millions for doing only a couple hours of work. Pathetic!

Anyways if you want a real photographer who has been doing it for over fifty years message me!

It must be real nice to jump on a public forum and post insults under the cloak of anonymity. First post too! :grumpy: If you really think that an engagement session, wedding rehearsal and all day coverage with travel is just a couple of hours of work, you obviously don't know what you're talking about. You're a smart one... Think about it, you just insulted the style of 2 photographers that the OP likes and then asked him/her to message you for you to do the job. Now that's how to get clients. :biglaugh:

To the OP - Try to remember that once your wedding day is over, the food and cake have been eaten, the flowers are dead and the honeymoon is over the ONLY tangible thing you will have left to remind you are your photos. Sounds like a great reason to hire someone that knows what they are doing for your "once in a lifetime" even.

I was posting for information purposes not for sarcastic remarks. I know plenty of photographer who are good who don't charge that much they are just not in the area I want. I know they are out there and a D5 camera is not that expensive if your doing photography for a living.

The point I was making is many people are charging a lot of money that they are not worth. Anyone can take a photo and you don't need expensive equipment if you know what your doing. So if you don't know of anyone like that nor have a lead than be quiet.

Here is an example of nice quality work under 2,000.

http://myalley.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/lurk.jpg

WOW... you just sorta shot yourself in the foot looking for help here.

Photography is MUCH more then just picking up a D5 and shooting pics.

Good luck finding someone, I would reccomend trying Craigslist or The Yellow Pages in your area!

I just want to add one more thing, and I hope this doesn't come off harsh. Looking at Boutwell photography, or whatever it was called, and you see BEAUTIFUL, BREATHTAKING photographs.

Also remember though, that these photographs are of BEAUTIFUL people with BEAUTIFUL scenery. Look at the places and the settings and the freaking DOM CHAMPAGNE!!!

Now, I'm not taking anything from the photographer, he/they are AMAZING, but if the OP can't spend more than 2k on a photographer, I doubt they are going to have DOM at every table, be married in an old Spanish Castle, or have the most luxorious placesettings and food.... just keep that in mind when you see portfolios... they show the young, pretty, rich couples for a REASON. They are trying to SELL you!

Not to say that you NEED that for a wedding, just making an observation. I got married on 3000 dollars TOTAL, and I did my own photography mostly, which I regret because I hardly have any decent photos, except the ones that I set up on a tripod using my old Minolta SLR and ran back into the frame.

You guys have serious issues. If you can read I said, "I'd love to give amateur a chance to get a better portfolio or someone who needs more exposure."

I've looked at your photos and they are not even good for you to be talking smack it's not good for your own business. However being polite may get you some more clients if your half way decent and they may be willing to spend a little more than they wanted because of your attitude. (not the case here)

Do I think anyone can shoot a nice photo with a nice camera? No, and I think that's obvious here with the results. But I do think if someone knows what they are doing (skill) it's not rocket science. Was I saying a person is not valuable? No. I was saying 12K is not worth it to me paying that much. Am I worried about this form and not getting a photographer because oops I offended some strangers on a form who need lessons not only in photography but manners? No, I'm not.

Quite honestly it never was about 2,000 it was a starting point and I see some of you have less of a starting point for your packages so just drop it already, no one wants to listen to you rant and rave about your insecurity issues. This should be a business form not a cry session. Suck it up!

I don't remember ever seeing anyone come on to this forum asking for help with such a nasty attitude and outlook before. Don't understand? Read back on your posts and see why people are ticked. I think that Craig's List would be a better place for you to find a photographer in your price range willing to put up with you. If you had come into my studio for a consultation and talk to me as you have done to all of the photographers here, I would have shown you the door immediately. That said, why don't you just have a nice day somewhere else. :irked:

You guys have serious issues. If you can read I said, "I'd love to give amateur a chance to get a better portfolio or someone who needs more exposure."

I've looked at your photos and they are not even good for you to be talking smack it's not good for your own business. However being polite may get you some more clients if your half way decent and they may be willing to spend a little more than they wanted because of your attitude. (not the case here)

Do I think anyone can shoot a nice photo with a nice camera? No, and I think that's obvious here with the results. But I do think if someone knows what they are doing (skill) it's not rocket science. Was I saying a person is not valuable? No. I was saying 12K is not worth it to me paying that much. Am I worried about this form and not getting a photographer because oops I offended some strangers on a form who need lessons not only in photography but manners? No, I'm not.

Quite honestly it never was about 2,000 it was a starting point and I see some of you have less of a starting point for your packages so just drop it already, no one wants to listen to you rant and rave about your insecurity issues. This should be a business form not a cry session. Suck it up!

:banghead::banghead::banghead:Your problem is you have no idea what it costs to take decent wedding photos, nor do you care to. You were hoping someone who was looking to help their portfolio would shoot your wedding "journalistic style" (which I have a problem with calling it that anyway, since a lot of these 'candid' shots are posed), and charge less than you could find from a professional. There is no harm there. In fact, if I was getting married, I might do the same thing.

The issue arises when people give you their opinions on what you're going to be able to find, and you attack, insulting photographers as a whole and claimed that 12,000, even for shots you consider great, is incredibly too much money.

However, I even offered you some advice. I told you to look in Craigslist, because the craigslist near me has tons of artists looking for work, some inexpensively.

Now, however, you've insulted me.:madass: I never talked "smack" to you, in fact I was trying to help. Furthermore the link on the bottom of my page is not my resume, nor did I claim to be offering my services to you or anyone. That link is a Flickr page, which I use to showcase some of my work, and get advice on photographs.

Which brings me to my next point. This is not a "business form"... (If it was it would be made of paper), and it certainly is not only a business FORUM either. It's a photography FORUM... it is used by photographers of all skill levels, from amatuers just starting out, to pros who've done weddings for years. You're the one who needs to "suck it up" and realize that you came into the forum WE love and insulted us and didn't expect us to retaliate. We will defend this FORUM because we are a part of it, hell we ARE it, and we deserve to have a place to share and discuss and learn without ridicule. We NEED to have a place to grow as artists, and this forum is that place, in all it's wonderful glory. I've learned so much here, and gained lasting friendships, and If you don't think I won't stand up when you insult me, or any of us, you're sorely freaking mistaken. :gun:

Now, I'm not a revengeful person... :madmad: If I was, I'd call every photographer in your area and ask them NOT to do your wedding, because your full of spite and hate, and people like that do not deserve to have happy memories. Or even worse, I'd pay one to do your wedding on film and "accidentilly" double expose everything, or "fix" everything in photoshop by adding pimples and extra weight to you and your guests.... if I was a revengeful person. I'm not.

If I was mean :-x, I'd personally hope and pray that the venom inside you either ceases to be, and you repent and change your ways, or consumes you until you anger every person you've ever met and you spend the rest of your days alone, toothless, eating pudding cups with a rusty spoon and spent your nights rocking on the floor of a basement somewhere muttering things like "12 thousands is too much" or "it's not rocket science" over and over.... IF I was mean. I'm not.

However, I am a nice person, so I did a little research on photogs in your area. Give them a call, explain your situation and see what you can come up with. God bless your and your marraige:

http://www.melissamaryphotography.com/weddinggallery.htm

www.JulieMichelePhotography.com - call 702-439-8756. (found on craigslist... she is in flagstaff area and charges between 700 and 1400 dollars!!! She might be your gal!)

http://www.ronhenryphoto.com/ - Couldn't find pricing

http://www.weddingdaymoments.com/ Prices range between 550 dollars for 2 hours of coverage, to 3550 with two photographers.. GREAT prices and I like the work I see here.

So there is 4 choices, two of which are priced right in your range. I found most of them on craigslist, and one of them simply in a yahoo search. I hope one of them is what you need, truly, however I also hope that you never post another one of your mean messages.

I try to weed brides like this out on the phone before I meet them so I don't waste my time.

"Yes ma'am anyone can shoot a wedding for $500... no ma'am I won't shoot your wedding for $500... no ma'am I don't honor competitors coupons... no ma'am you don't get a free keychain when you buy my package..."

Then I pause and say in a concerned manner...

"Ooooh I'm sorry actually I made a mistake I DON'T have that date available."

Buh Bye.

:lol:

and it certainly is not only a business FORUM either. It's a photography FORUM... it is used by photographers of all skill levels, from amatuers just starting out, to pros who've done weddings for years.
Exactly!

Suggestions and leads to the original post have been offered above.

The thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back