Arkansas Cave Portrait - stitched pano

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's my first stiched pano in about 10 years. This image is made from about a dozen exposures. The full size file is 6271 x 3024 pixels (10"x20" at 300 dpi) and 55 mb. I needed more exposures not only to get the increased size of the image, but to deal with the extreme difference in lighting outside the cave, and in the mouth, back to my subject.

This cave is in the Lost Valley camping/hiking area of the Buffalo River in Arkansas. Lost Valley is a beautiful area with a lot of very photogenic and inspiring natural features on a fairly short, and very easy to hike trail.

The guy in the pic is my photog buddy, Edward. I used a Canon 20D on a tripod.

edwardcavepano.jpg

awesome creation.

what software is used for this type image?

Really cool image, the colors are so rich! How did you light the back part of the cave?

hey matt, your making me think i might have some kind of telepathic ability after all... your in my neck of the woods, so to speak... and i had been thinking the last few days that i needed to go up to the caves and see if i can shoot some...

this is just beautiful...great job! excellent picture.

and the buffalo river basin is just beautiful...
( if you can get to ponca and boxley, your can see the elk...the fall is better..!!)

Good job! Having your buddy in there is the perfect touch to show scale. :thumbup:

I love these kinds of places; it looks beautiful and I bet it was fun to go stomping around back there! :)

phototex said:
Really cool image, the colors are so rich! How did you light the back part of the cave?

It's actually a tunnel. You enter the cave from behind us. The cave opening you can see in the photo is sort of a little streamfall.

Aprilraven- This was my first visit to Arkansas. I will be back! It was beautiful!

Wow! I'd love to learn how to do panos. They are so cool! This one is especially cool. I love the beautiful colors you have here, and I agree with Terri that having your friend in the shot really puts it all into perspective.

Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back