arlington national cemetary

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
WWII nurse

24431196-L.jpg

Picksure said:
How did it look in b&w?

not bad actually and i usually choose b&w for these type shots, but i kinda liked the color. oh well, here it is:

24439998-L.jpg

In this case, I much prefer the colour photo to the black and white conversion, it has much more power in colour. And I am not saying this because I like the greens... (or maybe per part I am saying that because of the green? Don't know...).

I like you choice of subject. You get to see rows and rows of graves when you get shown photos of Arlington Cemetery, so this one is surprisingly different, picking out ONE grave, and by a nurse, not a (usually male?) soldier, and one that is almost hidden by the grass. Wonderful how everything in the focus (foreground) seems to be in the shade, only the tombstone isn't.

Is this yet another of your "see-this-take-this"-photos? You see so much! Great!

Simply amazing how you pick these shots out. Some how this stone evokes much mood. Brilliant picture. I also prefere the color.

Great shot. I like them both, still being more of a colour freak than B and W yet I am learning to appreciate and self experiment.

they both are powerful....great shot...thanks for taking one for the nurses...they tend to be left out more than any others....you cant look at this, and not feel pride ...

wish her family could see this...... thanks jonmikal....

Great shot Jon. I love how you kept the subject down to the side. I prefer the colour this time too.

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

The colour version makes the whole image softer, I think - which is probably why I prefer it. You've captured a wonderful image - I have to say I think this is your best yet.

You rock!

Your photo brings me too many thoughts! And I feasted on your photo

Most reactions

Back