Arlington National Cemetary

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
What an absolutely hallowing place.
Normally Cemetary shots are posted in the DS, but I felt these were less Dark and more honorary.

Arlingtonforum.jpg

2. This series is the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. The guard on the left is the Sargeant who is inspecting the uniform and rifle of the 2 PM Guard. The one on the right is going for his very first shift at the tomb. If anyone has any connections to the cemetary and can find out some information about the guard, I would love to send him a print. (2 PM on Saturday, Dec. 2)
Tombforum.jpg

3. These are the full size images from the series
Inspectionforum.jpg

Rifleforum.jpg

Statueforum.jpg

Love the changing of the guard, and the way you presented it, Joe! Very VERY nice!

The first shot of your changing of the guard is WONDERFUL! I absolutely adore the DOF!

An awe-inspiring place, well captured.

That first picture in the changing of the guard series... massive :thumbsup:

Well done laddy!

On behalf of all vets, Thank You for the wonderful and respectful shots of this solomn place.

I am a vet and I have visited Arlington (a place one doesn't forget). You did a nice and respectful job in capturing & presenting these photos. Great job and thanks for sharing!

These are really spectacular. I think you made a very nice tryptych (sp?) of the changing of the guard. You took these on 12/2? I thought they already had the Christmas wreaths put on the graves by then, or is that just in certain sections? Does this happen later in the month? I was there a couple of years ago. I'd love to go back. Such sacred grounds.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/wreaths-2005.htm

I want to thank you all for your kind words :)
Though I live in Baltimore, I have only been to Arlington twice now, and it was as haunting as the first visit. THere were no wreathes that I saw throughout the cemetary, so I don't know...

Thanks again... :)

Right on Joe. Brilliant shooting. Very well captured.

Not that I haven't already told you this...but I keep coming back to this....the changing of the guard shots...especially the first and second...I dunno...everytime I look I like them more.

I love the presentation of the rifle being handed off. It tells such a story, shows the respect and honor of the Tomb. Very moving.

Most reactions

Back