Around my Dorm - C&C Welcome

calledthestig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my first picture post didn't turn out to well, but I think these are a bit better. Let me know what you think:

Always wanted to do a real long exposure shot.

KeyboardLongExp.jpg

Girlfriend got me these so I took this for her:
OscarEeyore.jpg

Any suggestions / comments on things wrong with these images or ways to improve them?

Thanks!

Well to me #1 needs to have more depth of field so that all the buttons are sharp. By using shallow depth of field you bring my eyes to the 7 and the 8 key, which I don't see what is important about that. By making the the whole keyboard sharp then it's an image of a neat looking keyboard. Make sure you use a tripod and stop down your aperture, I would use f/22. Also use your self timer when you take the shot and this should make that photo very sharp.

The second photo looks blurry.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input Richard. I didn't think of using a large depth of field for the keyboard and always tried to use a narrow one. I will try stopping down my arpeture a bit and take the picture again.

I finally figured out how to use the MLU and the 2-sec self timer so my blur has decreased a bit.

I wasn't sure if the second photo was blurry or if it was my eyes. Thanks again!

So maybe something like either one of these?

Keyboard_001.jpg

OR

Keyboard_002.jpg

I don't really care for the lighting on number 1.

I don't really care for the lighting on number 1.

Hehe, which number one? Post one, number one or revised post two, photo number one?

Just trying to learn more about what makes pictures better.

Put a number next to your pictures if you post more then one or two pictures to make it easier for people to comment on them.

I like the "Superbear". welcome to the forum!

My girlfriend got the bear for me and decided he needed pajams since I would sleep with him every night. She liked the Superman ones, go figure.

Thanks! :hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back