voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just orderd a 67mm Hoya R72 Infrared filter for doing IR with my D70 and got a notice that it's backordered. Just like every other accessory for the D70. It's not a D70 specific filter, just the size (67mm) which is the size of the kit lens filter thread. I was hoping to try some IR out this weekend :( Maybe do a little x-ray photographry of the babes at my apartment complex ;)

I got really excited when I saw these IR pics taken with the R72 and the D70
http://www.pbase.com/nzphoto/infrared_d70&page=2
and these
http://www.pbase.com/nzphoto/open_air_museum_in_ir_top

In other news, I ordered another little toy on ebay. A slave trigger for flash. I've got some creative ideas for using it in addition to the built in speedlight on my d70.

Stop ordering supplies!!! I can't afford anything but a few crappy filters right now and you're depressing me, man. :p

About those pics....you like those images, eh? I will take this time to point out to you that they look handcolored. You can achieve similar results shooting regular IR and hand coloring prints.

(Continues to whip the boy into shooting IR here....) :whip: I dunno, I think he likes it....

This one has always scanned so poorly....but it's actually quite lovely upon closer viewing. It's a 16x20 in real life. :D Kodak HIE and Marshall's photo oils.

normal_Providence%20Canyon.jpg

terri said:
Stop ordering supplies!!! I can't afford anything but a few crappy filters right now and you're depressing me, man. :p

About those pics....you like those images, eh? I will take this time to point out to you that they look handcolored. You can achieve similar results shooting regular IR and hand coloring prints.

(Continues to whip the boy into shooting IR here....) :whip: I dunno, I think he likes it....
You know I like it terri ;) especially when you do the whipping.

Yeah, the 2nd link is definately handcolored. Not sure about the first one though. It does still shoot color IR but I'm sure some work was done in PS to get the final results.

mmmm, they both looked more like color IR to me, although the colors weren't as off. But they had a cool look to them, that's for sure. :D

ahha! This is what he does to get the blue skies and white greens.

I like blue skies with snowy landscape. Now after you shot your picture it will have gray and red tones. You will have to do a channel shift and to adjust colours/tones.

voodoocat said:
ahha! This is what he does to get the blue skies and white greens.

I like blue skies with snowy landscape. Now after you shot your picture it will have gray and red tones. You will have to do a channel shift and to adjust colours/tones.

[yawn] I'm sorry, but I detest digicam talk. :puke: I'm sorry, I know I'm in the minority and all that.....

I'm old and outdated, like my little SX70 Land camera. :mrgreen:

Osmer_Toby said:
I'm old and outdated

ah, but stunningly beautiful women, like a good tuscany wine, only improve with age.... :wink:

Yeah, yeah.... notice how neither one of you schmucks said anything about the painted IR that I popped up there for comparison's sake....my ego lies not with my blue eyes, babe! :wink:

Osmer_Toby said:
I'm old and outdated

ah, but stunningly beautiful women, like a good tuscany wine, only improve with age.... :wink:
Dude, you gotta cut down the smoothness and give other smooth operators a chance to make smooth comments like that :p

voodoocat said:
Osmer_Toby said:
I'm old and outdated

Dude, you gotta cut down the smoothness and give other smooth operators a chance to make smooth comments like that :p

i'm tryin', man, but it's a hard habit to break. i get the dt's if i go too long without...

:::waits a few minutes, tries to be patient, dying to comment on the absolutely gorgeous ir image posted by the incredibly talented beautiful woman who is just getting better and better, fights the inner fight.... refuses to make comment, passes out:::

terri said:
[yawn] I'm sorry, but I detest digicam talk. :puke: I'm sorry, I know I'm in the minority and all that.....

I'm with you, terri! :puke-rig: :x :puke:

I hate backorders too. I ordered a book from Amazon back in March and now like every other week I get an email saying it's pushed back again and I have to approve the order delay! It's now slated for shipping on like the 28th of May, over 2 months after I ordered it! :x It better not get delayed again! :x

THANK YOU, Orie!! Another one on the film team... :cheer: What the hell kind of book can't get delivered quicker than that? :shock: Were they doing a search for a "no-longer-published" book? I've had to wait on that before. :x Glad you like the IR, it really is one of my better ones. :D

Tobes: you're a goof....thank you for the non-comment. :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back