ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Break Something NOW!

I have an older Samsung Chromebook, and it has an HDMI port, which seems to work fine.

Not sure if physical screen size is the issue or resolution, though. The HDMI might not solve the resolution problem. Also, you lose portability.

I really can't use Windows PCs any more.

If you literally just want to browse the internet, get a Chromebook. Anything more than that, get a Mac. Windows 8 is such an over-complicated, unstable, virus harbouring, user-non-friendly catastrophe. I don't know how they got it so desperately wrong and how they are still selling it.

I don't know how they got it so desperately wrong and how they are still selling it.

Taking a stab at it:

How they got it so desperately wrong is; Microsoft has morphed into what is essentially a bureaucracy populated by spoiled narcissists with a strong sense of entitlement, and major decisions, including design of new programs is all done by committee.

How they are still selling it is; it comes pre-installed on nearly every cheap laptop, and with no open market competition, most purchasers are not fully informed.

I really can't use Windows PCs any more.

If you literally just want to browse the internet, get a Chromebook. Anything more than that, get a Mac. Windows 8 is such an over-complicated, unstable, virus harbouring, user-non-friendly catastrophe. I don't know how they got it so desperately wrong and how they are still selling it.

I on the other hand really enjoy Windows 8. It is not as drastic as a change as everyone makes it out to be. At it's core it is the same OS as Win 7 so how you conclude it is a virus harboring OS as if it really any different that 7 is unfounded IMO. If you have a hard time adapting from Windows 7 to Windows 8 I cannot in good faith direct you to learn a whole new Mac eco system.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back