Arsenal of Democracy World War II Victory Capitol Flyover

Braineack said:
I didn't shoot 50mm either. I'm surprised you haven't deducted points for that as well...

Not to mention, these were not shot with a rangefinder...or a Leica...or on outdated B&W film...

RARE, AS IN once-in-a fricking LIFETIME events change the priorities when making photographs. Prop blur would have been nice, sure, but maybe could be added later in post. Blurred fuselages, fuzzy decals, can't-see-chit insignias...no good at all...better to go for the 1/1600 and capture the event crisply rather than get all artsy...this wasn't some three-day airshow that repeats every summer.
if these were shot on a rangefinder the props wouldn't even be a issue. And i don't even think the really old cameras even went up to 1/1600. LOL
Try shooting with a rangefinder and with a 600mm affixed ... gonna have a bit of a parallax problem.

Last edited:
Gary A. said:
Braineack said:
I didn't shoot 50mm either. I'm surprised you haven't deducted points for that as well...

Not to mention, these were not shot with a rangefinder...or a Leica...or on outdated B&W film...

RARE, AS IN once-in-a fricking LIFETIME events change the priorities when making photographs. Prop blur would have been nice, sure, but maybe could be added later in post. Blurred fuselages, fuzzy decals, can't-see-chit insignias...no good at all...better to go for the 1/1600 and capture the event crisply rather than get all artsy...this wasn't some three-day airshow that repeats every summer.
if these were shot on a rangefinder the props wouldn't even be a issue. And i don't even think the really old cameras even went up to 1/1600. LOL
Try shooting with a rangefinder with a 600mm affixed ... gonna have a bit of a parallax problem.

I bet the old-time Leica and Graphic guys were FURIOUS when Jimmy Stewart used a 35mm SLR, and Exakta, in the Movie "Rear Window" in the mid-1950's! Lol! The Exakta (also spelled as Exacta at times!) was a well-made camera, VERY tank-like and solid as nails. Even had a built-in mid-roll film cutter system which was super-cool! You could take it into the darkroom, or a changing bag, and pull up on this small knob that lifted the rod, on the bottom of which was "the kinfe", and this hooked knife inside the camera would slice the film off; immediately to the side of the film gate/aperture, as I recall.

RearWindow1.jpg

Braineack said:

My M's only go to 1/1000 but I wouldn't be shooting that fast
same here 1/1000 highest i go on my films (til the f100 shows up)
this has actually turned into a pretty amusing thread.

Braineack said:

No need for anything faster not sure I have even used 1/1000

Braineack said:

No need for anything faster not sure I have even used 1/1000
i haven't, but i haven't tried shooting asa 3200 in the mid day sun either. I haven't shot over 800 ASA in a long time..

What a great opportunity. Nice to see Fifi again -- I understand there's a chance another B29 will join her in Oshkosh this year. It would be amazing to see two in the air together.

I believe you're talking about "Doc". They was hoping to have him restored and flying last year but no luck. Hopefully soon though.

Doc s Friends - Restoring History

Wow, just looked through the whole collection on flickr - cool shots. You know, on the prop blur thing- just "whatever." I like that these are crisp, and those are some amazing aircraft to see in the air again. You clearly know your vintage warplanes and you got some killer photos of them.

Most reactions

Back