Art In Your House

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by LarissaPhotography, Jan 9, 2009.

1. LarissaPhotography

LarissaPhotography TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Do you guys ever use pictures that you took as decoration in your house? Do you have other people on your walls? It seems like that would be weird to have someone other than family displayed - maybe it's best to just stick with the shots without any people in them for your house. What do you guys think?

2. Joves

Joves No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sure I use my own photos as wall art. If I didnt the walls would be bare.

3. Johnboy2978

Johnboy2978 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    my wife had a wonderful idea of painting our downstairs bathroom a slate gray and filling the walls with b/w pictures I had taken. It's kind of like a little gallery and it's filled floor to ceiling with my prints on the walls. Somedays depending on my self esteem it's the appropriate place for it. I have only one print that has a stranger in it, but it was of an Italian scene. I have other prints scattered around the other walls. Also have some from another photographer.

4. usayit

usayit No longer a newbie, moving up!

North New Jersey, United States of America
    Photos OK to edit
    Yup... its not that hard to fill my walls.. I don't have much wall space to fill.

I also have a small shelf of portfolios and albums of my work. In general, each is focused on a theme or subject.

i also have a crate of framed 8x10s of mine that my 2 year old likes to flip through.

5. bikefreax

bikefreax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yes I have some of mine printed and framed just not on the walls yet. Sitting on a ledge right now. My wife did buy a print from this guy whose stuff is amazing. The little pictures do it no justice.

Rick Canham: Limited Edition Photographs

6. stsinner

stsinner TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    My wife had a similar bathroom idea, but with mine, she made a long strip of my work, rolled it up and we use them for toilet paper.. :(

7. eyeye

eyeye TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I dont think I would put portraits of random people up but I put up photos of people I love that I take and would no doubt use photos of places or things as art (once I advance in that area)

8. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Our house is set up like the Bauhaus. Stronger work goes in the living room and lesser work digresses to the bathrooms.

Love & Bass

9. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't put photos of clients up, but my walls are covered in family portraits, landscapes, and fine art photos I've created, as well as work from many other artists. I rotate my photos and the art work every few months.

10. Yes, my house is my gallery. It is also my motivation - things get changed out every so often, and friends expect to see stuff.

The last two pieces I did (42 inch x 42 inch):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Double H

Double H TPF Noob!

Around the corner from the Turkey Hill, PA
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    My walls are mostly covered with my work. If I don't have a show going on, all spots are filled with framed works by me. Other framed pieces are of my children, and a few of other shots by other photogs. Right now my walls are very bare, as I have 18 pieces in a solo-show downtown. One thing that is handy, when I need a birthday/christmas/wedding gift I simply pick the piece I think they would love the most and wrap it up. I think I will start covering my finished-basement's walls with my work and try not to pull pieces off for gifts, sort of like my own personal gallery.

12. ann

ann No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    my whole house is full of orginal photographs and art works, none are mine.

have run out of wall space and tend to move things around from boxes to the wall to bring some new fresh experience to the eye.