Art In Your House

I have a few shots hanging in my house. Mostly landscape, or portraits of my kids. I do change it up from time to time though. I would have lots more hanging around but the wife won't let me.

I have several of my photos matted and framed on my walls. In our living room several of my lighthouse photos are displayed - we have kind of a lighthouse theme going on in there. On my hall walls, are my best cat photos, some trains, Lorrie Morgan concert photos, and a few water scenes with egrets. Someday I would like to get my barn shots framed, but I have over 75 I would like to "show off" so that could get a bit expensive....not to mention we have a small house and are running out of wall space.

Someone, can't remember who, said they have their 'gallery' on the walls of their bathroom? Or did I read that wrong? Doesn't the moisture from the shower have an adverse effect on the photos? Just curious.

I've restarted to tear out my basement and redo it all. I plan to get some framed canvas and more than a couple of 16X20s. My goal for this summer is to make the photos for that canvas and portrait shots. I have an idea for 2 kinds of triptych that I know I will enjoy. No handing out any hints until it is done. :D

I've got a few of my photos up, but should do more. I just never seem to get around to having prints made and spending the money on framing.

I'm sure my friends are disappointed when they come over to not see more. Oh well...

We have my pictures of my daughter on myriad walls in various sizes. Walking through the house is much like a chronology of her growing up that culminates in the door to her room.

Most of the art on our walls is of my sister-in-law's. She's an exquisite painter and also works in chalk and pencil and has gifted us some of her very nice works.

I have two that are up in a hallway, one a picture (a cross at sunset) the other a picture-transformed-into-a-comic-book-cover that I'm proud of. I have a handful that I'd like to print and hang, but I'm waiting until I make another large print run to do so. Then there will be 3 or 4.

I've recently discovered as much as I like my work, knowing it's hanging in someone else's house is just as titillating. :)

I have a few photos on the wall that I took, though they're not of people. One is a tall ship that I took back in the 1980s with my Pentax K1000. I also have photos of Jupiter, Saturn, and part of the Moon, taken in 2004 with my telescope and ccd cam.

I am accumulating a collection of coffee table books of my photos in our living room. These are hard cover bound books with photo paper jackets on them. They contain just personal photos, but they make for a nice way to show photos and tell a story. I'm working on my next one right now.

Btw, I'm just an amateur.

My friend: "Hey, that's a great picture of the moon you have hanging there!"

Me: "Thanks."

My friend: "Did you take it?"

Me: "No, that's the far side of the moon"

My friend: "It looks good, I bet you took it and are just shy about telling me."

Me: "Ummmm... no... that's the far side of the moon. You can't see it from earth."

My friend (deadly seriously): "Oh, so you took it with your telescope! Cool"

Me: "Ummmm... no... my telescope is on Earth... I can't travel around to the back side of the moon with it."

My friend (still serious): "Why not? It's pretty big!"

Me: "ummmm...."

I have tons of aviation art. Everytime hubby leaves a squadron he acquires a new one. After 20 years it now covers pretty much every wall.
Stuffed in between is my stuff. My favorite is a series of 4 8x10s. They show my two kids in a fit of giggles.
I like to create art rather than buy it so most of the non aviation/non family stuff is just cheap ideas to brighten my walls. eg I framed a bunch of colorful twinning tea packages for my kitchen.
No strangers on these walls......... that would creep me out.

Most reactions

Back