Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone here use Art Leather? I have tried to order from them twice and their customer service was awful. I really like the products, but their order completion time is SLOW and customer service lacking. Case in point, I ordered a proof box from them on 4/1/05 and they sent an e-mail asking for my tax ID, studio name and webiste. Well, I heard nothing and assumed that they were processing. Two weeks pass by so I sent a follow up e-mail. I forwarded the e-mail I had originally sent that contained my info and their reply was that I hadn't confirmed the info they needed and to please do that, and that it would take 3-7 days AFTER that to even start processing my order. What irked me was that I included the needed info AGAIN and the didn't see it then either.

So, I ended up ordering two proof boxes from B&H and they have already shipped. Just wondering if anyone here has had similar experiences? I tried to order a proof book from them last year with the same slow response time. :confused:

Hi, Allison.

I've used Art Leather exclusively for more than 20 years. Are you sitting, cause I gotta tell ya, their customer service and delivery time has vastly improved. Hard to believe, huh?

Anyway, the fastest way to order from them is to use the Montage program. They also have a program called Order-Ease that really speeds things up. Or fax your order. Ordering over the phone is the pits!

The company sold a couple of years back and moved to Mexico, I think. And although they've trimmed their offerings, I still think it's the best for the buck.

Was this your first order with them? Things should go smooter for you from here out. The last album I ordered with them shipped in a week.

Good luck!

-Pete

Allison,

I'm a member on another forum and
I believe they have a rep on there from time to time. Is it OK if I foward this info to them?

Steve, that's fine with me if you'd like to pass along the comments!

Were you trying to order online or by phone? I had looked over some old post about what people thought about their service and they were clearly divided into two camps. Those that loved them and those that hated them.

The one thing that those that loved them all had in common was that they all ordered by phone.

I ordered online. I just got confirmation yesterday that they processed the order, but haven't shipped it yet. They got my information on 4/1 and didn't process it until 4/20. I guess I'll try the phone next time, but online ordering is so much easier!

AlisonPower said:
I ordered online. I just got confirmation yesterday that they processed the order, but haven't shipped it yet. They got my information on 4/1 and didn't process it until 4/20. I guess I'll try the phone next time, but online ordering is so much easier!

I don't know about that. :lol:

Most reactions

Back