Art/Lovers

otherprof

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Image 1.jpg

At a lecture about Picasso and Rivera at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, this morning.

Last edited:
Nice shot. Has feeling to it.

Thanks, Derrel. And I had to "make" this one! Getting the color right took me a while. I actually posted a version almost right out of the camera, but deleted it and got to work and then replaced it.

Thanks, Derrel. And I had to "make" this one! Getting the color right took me a while. I actually posted a version almost right out of the camera, but deleted it and got to work and then replaced it.

I have had to shoot similar lecture/ AV presentation shots. Might not be readily apparent to some, but this is a time/place when a soft-edged, two to four-stop ND grad filter can help bring the screen brightness wayyyyy down. The speaker is sometimes "lit up" by a hot spotlight, so it can be a bugger to get those audience members AND the presenter/lecturer's image to look relatively normal. Kind of depends on each auditorium and the AV director's presentation idea AND the audience light level.

In the 1980's, projectors were I think weaker, and the audience was often almost totally,totally in the dark! It was awful! Today, we seem to have bigger p[rojctors, from closer-up, with higher output, so the audience no longer sits in near-blackness.

No matter how you did it, it still reads right to me...speaker, AV, the couple in the audience. It's more about the feeling than the technical on this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back