Art (Pencil/Paintings) Vs Photography :(

Oh! I must make clear it! or it may cause confusion!

Photography is also an art...but...here I've pointed to the Oil or water paintings or Drawings on Canvas by pencil.....

Oh! Sorry If I misguided you :S

Of course photography is one kind of Art...but I was pointing to those type: spcially Sketches, Painting...and so...so...which requires Canvas and pencil or brush!

Which is more evaluated ans why?

Actually it's debate in a discussion! I need to know the both sides! As this is a photography forum...surely you'll take part of the photographers...so, what're your points???

in my personal opinion, i think it takes alot more talent and effort to paint a picture or sculpt a statue...

we as humans have come to rely on technology to take our pictures, but what about michelangelo, or picasso? or dali?

md

MDowdey said:
in my personal opinion, i think it takes alot more talent and effort to paint a picture or sculpt a statue...

I disagree with that md. they require different skills. Just because one personal seemingly takes photographs effortlessly you don't know how long they spent in photoshop or the darkroom to hone it. Sometimes, its takes days, weeks, months to get it right.

You can argue the same with musicians, does a singer latently have more talent than a guitarist or drummer... the skills are different. The same applies for visual arts.

yeah i was gonna say that too, but i took too much sudafed.

i agree mark, it really cant be judged that way..

md

do u know that most imperssionsim artists got a camera.. :D

What did picasso use to paint with? Technology? Invention?

What do we use to paint with? Technilogy? invention.

I think photography is a type of art. We paint with light with our camer as Picasso painted canvas with a brush or whatever he used.

Paint, pencils, canvas etc is all technology in my opnion. However. if we use the sun to paint our portraits, it's nature not manmade like a pencil.

Every art required talent, that's why some are better than ohters. You can always learn that talent as well.

do u know that most imperssionsim artists got a camera..

Nice...

Moni said:
Actually it's debate in a discussion! I need to know the both sides! As this is a photography forum...surely you'll take part of the photographers...so, what're your points???

Well in my opinion, there's a good degree of skill involved in painting a picture but, a good picture to you may look awful to another. The same goes for photography. I started doing watercolours last december and over the last five months i have reached a standard far better than when i started. As with photography it takes time and effort to produce good work. Some of the material, displayed on here by the forum members, has been outstanding. On many occasion i have been in total awe at what i've seen.
So, in a nutshell, both mediums are in my opinion "art"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back