Artistic opinion?

xoxkels113x

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I am considering creating a portfolio to submit to a local art gallery, and I wanted a serious and honest opinion on which photos I should include. I also need to know which ones I should not include, considering I would have them printed at $3 apiece.

My album is at this link: http://www1.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=143159550/a=83402637_83402637/t_=83402637

Specifically, I would like to know your absolute favorites, as well as the ones that you think could stand to go. Thank you very much! =]

If you want people to view these, you might want to put them onto a different site. To view, one has to have a snapfish account.

Hi, I am considering creating a portfolio to submit to a local art gallery, and I wanted a serious and honest opinion on which photos I should include.

If I were you, I would wait. These pictures show that you have an eye for good composition but they are definitely not 'portfolio' grade images.

I looked at about half of them and there are sufficient technical problems that, in my opinion, art galleries would not want to show your work yet.

Why not pick out one or two of your favorites and post them here with your comments on why you like them and what you think is good about them, perhaps the critique from the more experienced viewers will be helpful.

I couldnt see the pics, I have to have an account with Snapfish, not cool.

Hope to see your pics tomorrow :D

JC

I apologize.. I didn't realize you could not view them without an account. I sent the link to someone else and they did not have a problem with it. I uploaded most of the pictures onto a photobucket account. The quality obviously was cut down, but at least you can see them. For lack of time, some of the ones that were originally may have been left out, but I was sure to include what were in my opinion, best.

You can look at them here: http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r2/kelseyhorner/

In response to The Travelor, thank you for responding and for your opinion. I know that I have a lot to learn about the technicalities of photography. Photography is only something that I enjoy in my spare time, so I have no spent much time studying photography, rather than just take pictures when I see something worthy. The gallery in question is a local gallery, and I figured I might as well give it a try. The worst they could do is say, "They aren't good enough."

Thank you, everyone! =]

You have some nice work in there, but I am going to agree with The Traveler.

One image in your photobucket that stood out was that of the 'fisher'man with teh blue in the background. Now that is an image I think they would be interested in seeing done due to its originality. (Now, that beign said, it is still rather unexposed and is lacking perhpas just a touch of light here or there that sets it farther apart but, on the whole)

Keep working on it :)

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Kelsey.
Normally I would transfer your post from Photo Critique to one of our galleries, since you are asking us to look at 17 photos all together, while the guidelines to this forum clearly say only one photo at a time.

But you are asking for comments under an artistic point of view as to your photos and if you can submit them to an Art Gallery ... and I say: if you want to save yourself of some disappointment, then better don't.

You will have to invest in one thing first (which is not expensive): you need a tripod. A lot of pics that could be nice suffer from the not quite so minor technical flaw of camera shake during long exposures (such as the sunset pics on the beach and also the fisherman in the night).

Compositionwise a good many are fairly cluttered and include things that distract the viewer a lot, like in the only portrait (which is not clear and also shows signs of camera shake) we get to see ever so many things in the background that we get quite distracted from this girl's face.

Check out one of our best photogs on the forum in terms of composition ->tb2.

You can open up the member's list by clicking on the link above called this, and then on the very right you get a communication box saying "Search member", and via that you can find him and check out his pics. Just looking at them is a treat and you can learn so much!

Thank you very much. I apologize for putting my post in the wrong category.

I checked out tb2's photos, and you're right. They really are incredible. Maybe I should invest in a tripod. I also suspect that he's using at least a slightly higher quality camera, which is unfortunately out of reach for me as of right now.

I appreciate your honest opinions, and once I have some photos that I feel are improved, I'll come back and see what you think-- and I'll put them in the right place, too. :blushing:

Power line ruin a photo faster that light--- well not realy but the church I see pwer lines. I am anti photoshop but I would have to say remove them.

Most reactions

Back