Artists of the Street Festival

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by mentos_007, Jul 10, 2005.

1. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Last days I was shooting he festival of Artists of the Street. This is a fest where drama players gather and play on the streets for public. and of course many many other attractions. Well... to be honest I didn't expect such difficult conditions to shoot. Just see:

here I tried to follow the moving (speeding) object. it was really late, and pretty dark, I set ISO on 400 (the highiest I can with my cam :( ), apperture at 3.2 (also the best I can) and it all resulted in the expo speed... 1/8 sec and what's more: all shots were handheld. I had my tripod with me but the artists were moving so fast that it was almost imposiible to use it and follow the artists:
    [​IMG]

so I had to play in ps a bit with some pictures and I came up with those two. As you see they are really soft: (also I was following the "objects")
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

well... I was proud only from two pics... this one is extremely simple but Il ike his expression and the... background:
    [​IMG]

and one rather abstract, but I like it too:
    [​IMG]

let me know what you thing about them. I know I know it's not a critique section but I don;t want to hear comments only like "I like" or "It's awful" :p

2. CleeM.

CleeM. TPF Noob!

Great pictures. I really like both the Black & White photos. The last one could be better by having both of the stilts completly in focus.

3. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Woah... that second photo looks really scary! I reckon you did a pretty good job considering they were all moving and it was dark and everything.

The one with the stilt man sitting down is my favourite though. The background is just lovely like you say. Is that the same area where the little girl lost her parents in one of your other photos? It sort of looks familiar.

4. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

great work mentos. i like the motion and b&w tones a lot...well done!

5. erniehatt

erniehatt TPF Noob!

Under the conditions you have made a great effort, I like the last one best, I like the DOF on the Stilts etc, it ad depth to the pic. Well Done Ernie

6. Rob

Rob TPF Noob!

Great shots. I like the B&W two for their dizzy sense of motion and the bottom one captures the stilts thing really well. I can see the bottom one in the "culture" section of a posh tour guide!

Rob

7. Raymond J Barlow

Raymond J Barlow TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    cool shots.. i like the 2nd b+w the best, really tough conditions.. but they keep us think on how we can do better!! looks like a fun place to be anyway!

8. mentos_007

Photos OK to edit
    the one with a girl was taken about 5 minutes walk from here. it is the area of the old town in my city and almost every street or square is covered by this kind of brick. :) wow Vicky! you remember the picture with a girl!!! WOW Thank you :D:D:D

9. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

You captured the motion well, makes me a little dizzy looking at them, but it seems the more I look at them the better I like them.

10. OBrien

OBrien TPF Noob!

Like the first three particularly and No. 2 is great.

11. mentos_007

Photos OK to edit
    and do you have any idea why in the pic 2, only a part of the thing the guy is holding is sharp, while the rest is blurred??? I thought that it was moving with the same speed as the guy but theguy is blurred :( and how do you think I could do such a shots the next time to get the whole guy who is moving blurred? manual focus? C-AF ???

12. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You're just clever bunny, mentos. hehe ;-)
    I dunno, maybe he was holding that thing still and he was moving. It's a bit hard to tell without knowing how they were moving.

And of course I remember that pic with the lost girl. I loved it! That pic and the stilt guy both have the same sort of feel I think. Great composition.