Artists of the Street Festival

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last days I was shooting he festival of Artists of the Street. This is a fest where drama players gather and play on the streets for public. and of course many many other attractions. Well... to be honest I didn't expect such difficult conditions to shoot. Just see:

here I tried to follow the moving (speeding) object. it was really late, and pretty dark, I set ISO on 400 (the highiest I can with my cam :( ), apperture at 3.2 (also the best I can) and it all resulted in the expo speed... 1/8 sec and what's more: all shots were handheld. I had my tripod with me but the artists were moving so fast that it was almost imposiible to use it and follow the artists:
fau_123.jpg

so I had to play in ps a bit with some pictures and I came up with those two. As you see they are really soft: (also I was following the "objects")
fau_059b.jpg

fau_058b.jpg

well... I was proud only from two pics... this one is extremely simple but Il ike his expression and the... background:
fau_037.jpg

and one rather abstract, but I like it too:
fau_034.jpg

let me know what you thing about them. I know I know it's not a critique section but I don;t want to hear comments only like "I like" or "It's awful" :p

Great pictures. I really like both the Black & White photos. The last one could be better by having both of the stilts completly in focus.

Woah... that second photo looks really scary! I reckon you did a pretty good job considering they were all moving and it was dark and everything.

The one with the stilt man sitting down is my favourite though. The background is just lovely like you say. Is that the same area where the little girl lost her parents in one of your other photos? It sort of looks familiar.

great work mentos. i like the motion and b&w tones a lot...well done!

Great shots. I like the B&W two for their dizzy sense of motion and the bottom one captures the stilts thing really well. I can see the bottom one in the "culture" section of a posh tour guide!

Rob

Meysha said:
The one with the stilt man sitting down is my favourite though. The background is just lovely like you say. Is that the same area where the little girl lost her parents in one of your other photos? It sort of looks familiar.

the one with a girl was taken about 5 minutes walk from here. it is the area of the old town in my city and almost every street or square is covered by this kind of brick. :) wow Vicky! you remember the picture with a girl!!! WOW Thank you :D:D:D

You captured the motion well, makes me a little dizzy looking at them, but it seems the more I look at them the better I like them.

and do you have any idea why in the pic 2, only a part of the thing the guy is holding is sharp, while the rest is blurred??? I thought that it was moving with the same speed as the guy but theguy is blurred :( and how do you think I could do such a shots the next time to get the whole guy who is moving blurred? manual focus? C-AF ???

mentos said:
and do you have any idea why in the pic 2, only a part of the thing the guy is holding is sharp,

You're just clever bunny, mentos. hehe ;-)
I dunno, maybe he was holding that thing still and he was moving. It's a bit hard to tell without knowing how they were moving.

And of course I remember that pic with the lost girl. I loved it! That pic and the stilt guy both have the same sort of feel I think. Great composition.

mentos , seems I'm the only one who likes the colour pics far more than B&W. the colour adds a festive mood to the pics.

great shots on the colour ones.

as for the motion on no2.

i suspect that the man was turning (twirling)

the thing he is holding is close to the centre of the rotation. the outer edge is closer to you and thus moving faster (relative to yourself and camera) than the part that' in the middle. kinda like the centre of a bicycle wheel that is easier to photograph sharply at slower shutter speeds than the rim.

Hanno

Wow Mentos! Those are awesome. I especially love those first three. They make you feel like you are at a party!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back