As Night Turns to Day

jsecordphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_4074_stitch.jpg

This is the last photo I took while on my first Milky Way trip of the year a few weeks ago. This is actually 4 vertical photos stitched, taken at the beginning of blue hour during Nautical Twilight, right after 5am.

Each frame was ISO6400, f2.8, 25 seconds with my D750 and Tokina 16-28 @16mm

Very nice. Some pretty good processing too.

That is absolutely beautiful!

Very nice. Some pretty good processing too.

Thanks Rick! As usual for panoramas like this, I duplicated the background layer and then processed the sky and foreground separately.

Breaking News-----I am selling all of my equipment and taking up...basket weaving. No way in a million years could I produce an image like this!

Breaking News-----I am selling all of my equipment and taking up...basket weaving. No way in a million years could I produce an image like this!

Yes you could. My first night photos, from 18 months ago (ish), wouldn't be worth using as toilet paper. I just went out and shot a lot and learned to process them. if If I learned, so could you!

Dang. You're good.

Dang. You're good.

Hah, thank you. I've put a lot of time and work in for sure, but I also feel extremely lucky to live in a beautiful area and to be able to go out and photograph it

It's a nice shot and I like the processing but I have to nitpick that for all that work, why didn't you also straighten out the horizon Line. It was immediately obvious and thusly kills the shot for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back