As Night Turns to Day

Very nice. Some pretty good processing too.

Thanks Rick! As usual for panoramas like this, I duplicated the background layer and then processed the sky and foreground separately.

Heh, that's my process as well. Nice shot Jon (but I've already told you that in other areas haha)

It's a nice shot and I like the processing but I have to nitpick that for all that work, why didn't you also straighten out the horizon Line. It was immediately obvious and thusly kills the shot for me.

I literally just held up a straight edge to the screen and it is 100% straight... perhaps your eyes have been deceived in some way.

I copied it and put it in Photoshop..it needs about a one degree twist to the right. If you use PS, drag a guideline down and you'll see waht I mean. it is not ok to edit your pics or I would have demonstrated it for you. My eyes are just fine, thank you. :)

I copied it and put it in Photoshop..it needs about a one degree twist to the right. If you use PS, drag a guideline down and you'll see waht I mean. it is not ok to edit your pics or I would have demonstrated it for you. My eyes are just fine, thank you. :)
So what you meant was that the photo was not level... which is not the same as straight.

Lol 1 degree off ruined the photo for you? Sorry that you don't like it, the 1/2 million other people who saw it between my page, Maine's FB page, and Milky Way Scientists sharing it seemed to think it was ok.

Lol 1 degree off ruined the photo for you? Sorry that you don't like it, the 1/2 million other people who saw it between my page, Maine's FB page, and Milky Way Scientists sharing it seemed to think it was ok.

Now, Now, Jon, don't get upset =)

Personally, I did not even notice the tilt, and I often have similarly very minor flaws in my horizon lines, but I rarely care, because they never both me. But some people really have an attention to them. I don't know. I think the image is fine as is, but I think people should still be able to have an opinion.

I am happy for that half million...and for you...but an off kilter horizon line is always a killjoy for me..shoot me. :)

Nominated for POTM

Damn I guess my photo isn't winning this month! :) Sick shot man I am definitely going to have to try that technique. Later in the month I will be heading into Baja Mexico where I took that boat shot with MW and hope to get some real dark skies. Found out a few days ago they hauled that boat away. Sad but happy that I got a shot of it before it was taken away.

Nice solid work. (slow clap)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back