As sharp as it gets.....

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OTE....

7985-DSC_0303TPF.jpg

Great shot. Maybe a little too close to center though.

abraxas said:
Great shot. Maybe a little too close to center though.

Better???? This one I "unsharpen mask" before reducing to 8 bit and saving. Some difference.....

7985-DSC_03031TPF.jpg

I certainly prefer the first one.
USM in the second creates some very strong artificial halos, which don't make the image sharper but only wreck your overall colour impression and brightness. If you desire such an effect, then overdo it even more, then it might become interesting again.

But I suppose you just want a sort of "natural" look plus maximum sharpness.

Alex_B said:
I certainly prefer the first one.
USM in the second creates some very strong artificial halos, which don't make the image sharper but only wreck your overall colour impression and brightness. If you desire such an effect, then overdo it even more, then it might become interesting again.

But I suppose you just want a sort of "natural" look plus maximum sharpness.

Yes I agree, it is the natural that I'm looking for. I guess USM can be overdone.
Thanks.

I like the cropping better in the second.

acsonpg, This is a nice shot. I enjoy how tack sharp and well exposed it is. The technical qualities are great. You did good.

Since you've already edited the image to improve it from the original capture why not go a step further and improve it more by photoshopping some dew drops/rain drops on the pedals and forground leaf?

midnitejam said:
acsonpg, This is a nice shot. I enjoy how tack sharp and well exposed it is. The technical qualities are great. You did good.

Since you've already edited the image to improve it from the original capture why not go a step further and improve it more by photoshopping some dew drops/rain drops on the pedals and forground leaf?

Thanks for the comments.....the rain here has been sparse and I don't have anything with raindrops photographed.

Edit in if you can, I'd like to see your skills in PS, I'm just learning.

I personally don't like the idea of faking it with PS-made raindrops ... If it is not a documentary shot, you can bring water with you and spray it onto. But PS?.. not my taste at least.

I use PS to work on colour and saturation and sharpness ... trying to compensate for the errors I made when shooting. And occasionally I use it to get rid of that bloody tourist who just would not leave the scene for ages, not realising he spoils it :confused:

I prefer natural rain sots (been raining for days) or spraying flowers.
But how would one use PS to add rain? Super imposition? A filter?
Sounds interesting. I think the more I can leanr about PS and photography the better.
Thanks
Matt

Alex_B said:
I personally don't like the idea of faking it with PS-made raindrops ... If it is not a documentary shot, you can bring water with you and spray it onto. But PS?.. not my taste at least.

I use PS to work on colour and saturation and sharpness ... trying to compensate for the errors I made when shooting. And occasionally I use it to get rid of that bloody tourist who just would not leave the scene for ages, not realising he spoils it :confused:
My friend, are you kidding yourself? It seems that you're approving of the other forms of fakery that are easier for you to do?

Wait for the tourists to move out of your shot and I'll wait 'till it rains. Neither of us should use post editing of any description or simplicity. Try this approach for a month and I'll do the same.

this was not me trying to tell you to do something or not to do something. It was just a comment that I personally for myself do not like to add creative elements like waterdrops post-shooting,. But I do occasionally remove things I cannot get rid of by waiting since it might have been a snapshot of something (actually done this on 3 of all my photos so far).

Did my post sound like flaming? It was not meant to be at all. Maybe some people here are biased and think every post was meant to sell "a general truth" one believes in (maybe because of bad experience some people try to sell their dogma way to often in here). Anyway, you missed the subtle humor which I maybe hid too well ;)

Anyway, I am not even a proper photographer and my talent is very limited. So no need to be annoyed by my comments ;)

:) [edit: extra smiley added to demonstrate I mean no harm and pose no threat]

Alex_B said:
this was not me trying to tell you to do something or not to do something. It was just a comment that I personally for myself do not like to add creative elements like waterdrops post-shooting,. But I do occasionally remove things I cannot get rid of by waiting since it might have been a snapshot of something (actually done this on 3 of all my photos so far).

Did my post sound like flaming? It was not meant to be at all. Maybe some people here are biased and think every post was meant to sell "a general truth" one believes in (maybe because of bad experience some people try to sell their dogma way to often in here). Anyway, you missed the subtle humor which I maybe hid too well ;)

Anyway, I am not even a proper photographer and my talent is very limited. So no need to be annoyed by my comments ;)

:) [edit: extra smiley added to demonstrate I mean no harm and pose no threat]

Hi Alex_B,
I've reread my post and my post sounds like 'flaming'--yours does not.
I offer my sincerest apology. I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to flame or cause any discomfort to you or the other readers. I enjoy reading your posts -- always will.
Cheers

BTW, I'll write instructions for faked raindrops for anyone who may want them. Let me know.

Don't worry midnitejam, no offense taken!

I do appreciate the use of any tool and process wich leads to some kind of artwork, something I also explained in other threads where people started to fight over the whole issue ;) .

And I myself am actually curious to find out about those droplets with photoshop. I am always interested in what techniques other people use.

Alex_B said:
And I myself am actually curious to find out about those droplets with photoshop. I am always interested in what techniques other people use.

acsonpg, I don't mean to take over your thread. I'll remove it at your request.

Alex_B,
directions included per your request. Is this real enough....LOL
66423577.jpg

Cheers,
MJ

Most reactions

New Topics

Back