As the Crow Flies....

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i was going for an alfred hitchcock spooky feel. it was weird because there was a funeral procession that went by--and right after-- a huge flock of these birds flew in. it was creepy to say the least. C&C PLEASE

blackbirds004.jpg

I like that a LOT. Very nice composition, and the stark contrast really works for this shot. The only thing I might suggest, if you're open to such manipulation, would be to clone out some of the flying birds that are farther away that lose some detail and just look kind of like spots. Still an excellent, moody shot!

Last edited:
The ratio of length by width seems... wrong to me, but I think I just need some time to get over it :).

Crow trees - they all sleep together at night on the same tree! This happens a lot where I live, too.

It has a nice ominous feel, but I think I'd brighten the sky just a smidgen.

I keep thinking I might have cropped a bit differently, or maybe take some zoomed in more as well, but all in all that shot is REALLY COOL. I love the spooky black silhoettes ... and sooo many birds... ree ree ree ree.. :lol:

Very neat. Thanks for sharing.

I like this one, though I am not sure if there isn't a hint of motion blur to be seen? Only a hint. Or it was windy? And some of the thinner branches moved? (As do some of the birds visibly, but that is, of course, totally ok).

I like that a LOT. Very nice composition, and the stark contrast really works for this shot. The only thing I might suggest, if you're open to such manipulation, would be to clone out some of the flying birds that are farther away that lose some detail and just look kind of like spots. Still an excellent, moody shot!

thank you very much BTilson, i always like hearin what you've got to say

The ratio of length by width seems... wrong to me, but I think I just need some time to get over it :).

Crow trees - they all sleep together at night on the same tree! This happens a lot where I live, too.

It has a nice ominous feel, but I think I'd brighten the sky just a smidgen.

thank you very much for your comments. i think my border might have made that -off- feeling of the ratios.

I see nothing in focus.

i tried to get it as sharp as possible but these birds were pretty easily spooked so i only got a few shots to work with. thanks for your opinion though.

I keep thinking I might have cropped a bit differently, or maybe take some zoomed in more as well, but all in all that shot is REALLY COOL. I love the spooky black silhoettes ... and sooo many birds... ree ree ree ree.. :lol:

Very neat. Thanks for sharing.

i appreciate your help manaheim. i wanted to print this one in a 5x7 so i kinda had to crop it weird and add a border to it. i was zoomed in as much as my little camera would go haha.

I like this one, though I am not sure if there isn't a hint of motion blur to be seen? Only a hint. Or it was windy? And some of the thinner branches moved? (As do some of the birds visibly, but that is, of course, totally ok).

THANKS LaFoto. oh yes it was very windy and very COLD. there were birds going every which way. i had to get out there quick and get these shots before they all flew off which probably lead to the quality not being as good as it should.

thanks for the comments i appreciate it :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back