Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Nikon D5000 w/Nikkor 18-200 VRII

Exposure......1/30
Aperture.......f/5.0
Focal Length..70 mm
ISO..............720

Hi there, Two things about this picture grab my attention:

1. The picture doesn't appear to be straight.
2. For me the DOF could be a bit deeper - It's very short at the moment and a bit more ashtray in focus would help it a lot - The picture feels (for want of a better word) 'Strangled' by the short DOF.

:)

2. For me the DOF could be a bit deeper - It's very short at the moment and a bit more ashtray in focus would help it a lot - The picture feels (for want of a better word) 'Strangled' by the short DOF.

Just a thought:
There is a lot of conversation on this site about DOF. Is it not sometimes the photographer's motive to take a shallow depth of field, trying to convey his emotion of the subject...which may not be what others are seeing

The angle of the shot is throwing me off a little. I would experiment to see what angle works best, especially since the ash tray is round :mrgreen:

Interesting subject.lol but overall good shot! I'm learning how to shoot in manual...so I'm takin notes as well. Is that what u shot in?

Thanks! No, I shot this in Aperture priority.

Yeah, I can see that it's a bit crooked now. :lol:

The angle of the shot is throwing me off a little. I would experiment to see what angle works best, especially since the ash tray is round :mrgreen:

Yeah, I think I will try shooting it again. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back