Ashridge

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
64ae13e7.jpg

3fa03aaf.jpg

At first I thought the top one should be cropped more, so I tried it various ways with a peice of card stock I've got handy on my desk....But no, it looks best just the way it is.

I do like the way the second one was printed though, brighter whites. I'd print the first one on 11x14 at grade 4 while maintaining the aspect ratio, and relative exposure times of the second picture. It's very nice. I like seeing D-Max in my paper once and awhile. Maybe I'd print this on pearl too. I'm usually a glossy die-hard but when you've got this much D-Max.....you know how it is, craning your neck around trying to view without glare from hard indoor light sources.

Nice shots, ferny. I like 2 best, the whites are pure and beautiful.

I do like the way the second one was printed though, brighter whites. I'd print the first one on 11x14 at grade 4 while maintaining the aspect ratio, and relative exposure times of the second picture. It's very nice. I like seeing D-Max in my paper once and awhile. Maybe I'd print this on pearl too. I'm usually a glossy die-hard but when you've got this much D-Max.....you know how it is, craning your neck around trying to view without glare from hard indoor light sources.

I don't mean to start a fight or overrun ferny's thread, but Bobby, why did you post this? To show off how much you know, or out of sincere thought that the OP would want to know what kind of paper to print it on?

I found the comment useful and interesting as I havea darkroom. One point I should make though, they're digital shots...

I don't know why I've got the noise that's there as they were shot at ISO 64. I did edit them very quickly using curves but other than that they're straight out of the camera - no cropping.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back