Ashton Barn 2

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Not happy with the sky in this one which is why it was not my top pic. This may address some of the issues I had in Ashton Barn.

Love & Bass

20071104dsc0121jd9.jpg

I like this shot better than the other, which I liked. The composition is better but having a horizon in the middle is a good thing to keep your eye on to make sure it looks right or try to avoid. Sometimes it's just there though.

Nice time on the light.

On another note; I went by where you took the 'column ruin' shot in Tecopa week before last.

A few of my friends and myself decided to ditch the class we were in for an hour or so, and instead of catching up with the group we took off up the canyon near the marker in your shot. We drove back about a half mile or so and whipped out some rock hammers and chipped away at some of the rock/mud laying in the wash.

One of the group is a -gemologist- (?), anyway she had us chipping out opals in a couple minutes. I found about half a dozen, only one of a pretty good size, maybe a quarter inch, but it was fun. I don't know how to get opal the out of the mud/rock though.

Tecopa Opals. Sounds kind of cool. Or shortened to Tecopals.

BTW, the land there is BLM (Bureau of Land Management) and gem hunting is legal in that spot. So WHEN you go back, take a rock hammer!

Thanks for the comment.

ƒ¨ç?!!!!!! I would have killed to find Opal!!! I am very new to rock hunting. I picked up a ton of stones in Death Valley. Mostly Agate and common stones to that area. Since I have been back from Death Valley I heard tons of stories about the folks that live or frequent the Saline Valley area. Particularly the hot springs there. I can not wait to make it back.

Love & Bass

i like the other picture of the barn better (not sure why) but in both pictures, i wish the foreground had more shades of green rather than a dead shade similar to that of the barn.

Thanks for the comment. I wish the grass had more green in it as well. Not a lot of green here in the high country. Especially this time of year.

Love & Bass

i like the mountains in the background with the different peaks, then my eye goes to the peak of the barn, great composition!

Most reactions

Back