Ashton Barn.

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
I am really enjoying this shot. Let me know your thoughts. I could use a second opinion.

Love & Bass

AshtonBarn
20071104dsc0120zk2.jpg

Very nice, sharp detail , makes me wonder how it got crooked. :thumbup:

Would look better either sunset or sunrise to emphasize ruin, or other contrasty lighting.

Not sure what they were thinking. It is on a very exposed spot and the winds are notorious in this area. It is at the beginning of the road so I think connivence was their main concern. Clearly this barn has been worked. The owners probably stopped using it in the 70's.

Love And Bass

Hmmm... I love all the wood. I'd like to see what the barn would like like from a distance of say 50 or 100 yds.

I really like this shot craig!

But its very centered in the frame. To me, I think it would benefit from having some of the landscape in there as well. Also, something is needed to make the subject pop a little more.

However, I love the detail that you've captured in the wood. Nice job.

NJ

Thanks! I shot a bunch of this barn. Maybe I will post another one. I have a real problem with my work being center heavy. For some reason I find it impossible to fix.

Love & Bass

The shadows do show it was taken during sunset (well, could have been sunrise, for all the directions I know of that spot :greenpbl: ;)), but it is still quite bright - too bright to really suggest sunset or sunrise, which accounts for this bit of confusion, I assume.

As to the composition, I am with NJman on the centredness and am now curious to see yet another photo of your little series on this barn that you took. It sure is a very interesting, and VERY wind-blown structure! :D

Most reactions

Back