Ashton Kutcher advertising for nikon

It's the whole reason I bought a Canon.

eat%20popcorn.gif

You sure this didn't have something to do with your decision???

http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com/Celebrities/Maria-Sharapova/Maria-Sharapova-17.JPG

Or perhaps this???

http://www.adrants.com/images/maria_sharapova_back.jpg

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, here is Aston Kutcher resume.

Played an idiot on That 70's Show. He was a funny idiot.

Dated a woman that was twice his age who had her boobs done to land the lead in a lousy movie about a stripper.

Had a show where he pulled stupid pranks on people.

I'd say he is a perfect match for the current vein of Nikon commercials that he is in. :D
I do have to say, I liked him in The Guardian with Kevin Costner. I think he's an idiot strictly from that stupid Punk'd show he does. That's almost as fake as that Scare Tactics show was with that stupid whoever she is.

I put aside my dislike for him and did enjoy The Guardian. Pretty good movie.

Ok, here is Aston Kutcher resume.

Played an idiot on That 70's Show. He was a funny idiot.

Dated a woman that was twice his age who had her boobs done to land the lead in a lousy movie about a stripper.

Had a show where he pulled stupid pranks on people.

I'd say he is a perfect match for the current vein of Nikon commercials that he is in. :D

He also attended University of Iowa for biochemical engineering (no degree though, but you have to have some education to at least attend), is the executive producer of 5 current and past television shows, has his own production company, he is creative director for a management company for VIOP service. He is not as much a dumb arse as he portrays. And obviously he is pretty good at marketing, as everything he has done requires good marketing skills (modeling, getting hired on as an actor, getting people to back you up to produce a tv show, selling yourself to land a job marketing for a large camera company!).

Now except for that 70's show which I did enjoy in the beginning (first couple years) I can't say I have enjoyed his other shows or movies. The fact is, he is very successful at what he is doing.

And for someone to buy or not buy a product because of an actor used is pretty silly if you ask me. That means you are not making your choices based on the product, but your personal feelings over someone who has no connection with the design or quality of the product!

You know I'd be half tempted to buy something because Ashton Kutcher recommended it... He CAN'T be half as much of an idiot as he portrays on TV maybe he is good at photography...

In all fairness to Ashton, he was on Bill Maher on one the last episodes of the season before the presidential election. Ashton is a very smart guy.

:biglaugh:

I just watched the better part of a Kodak Easyshare infommercial. Just point and shoot, email and print! The pressure is on. Kutcher has scads of credibility now. Lets all tag this thread and revisit next year.

Well his ads get the same reaction from me all the others do. I hit the mute button or switch to another channel.

In all fairness to Ashton, he was on Bill Maher on one the last episodes of the season before the presidential election. Ashton is a very smart guy.

Sorry, but I would have to disagree with this statement simply because of what you said. He was on the Bill Maher show. I rest my case. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Why does it matter?

Anna Kournikova is doing Canon Powershot commercials.

Isn't it Maria Sharapova?? Or did I miss Anna's commercials?

I bring my D90 over to my family's Christmas dinner... my cousin says to me, "Yeah, I want the Ashton Kutcher camera. The one with the girls around him, and he writes on the camera. Yeah, looks cool."

:er:

Bottom line is that he sells cameras and all the Nikonians out there should just be happy that their company is viable and successful.

Their strategy with him has little to do with experienced photographers. He doesn't tout around a D3x or a D700 and those are their two most exciting products right now. Those products sell themselves based on spec sheets and the legends of their predecessors. Consumer markets are much more competitive because people aren't brand loyal and they don't have an investment in lenses and accessories yet. This is were Ashton comes in. Good for Nikon, use that pretty boy! Hook photographers early like the cigarette companies used to be able to do.

You know, I can't say I'd base my decision on a camera on the spokesman of their commercials. Honestly, it doesn't mean a damn thing to me at all. Even though I'm a Canon girl, it was actually a great marketing move for Nikon. Put that goofy kid from That 70's Show on a commercial, drive the teenage girls crazy, low and behold... sales. As much as I can't stand the guy, you have to give it to Nikon. (At least a little.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back