Assassin's Galore

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've spotted a lot of assassin's the past week. I'll keep them all in one post even though there's more than one species.

First off - Pselliopus
p449490906-4.jpg

p313705172-4.jpg

p377861626-4.jpg

Second - Pselliopus Nymph
p425658231-4.jpg

Last - Wheel Bug (not sure if it is still called a nymph at this stage or not)
p497839924-4.jpg

p373576213-4.jpg

p477102605-4.jpg

I don't really like the black, but that's just me. Love 'em otherwise.

Me either...but not anything that can be done with that when hand holding 250mm at 2:1 magnification. Have to have a fast shutter speed and small aperture or they'd never come out sharp. Doesn't bother me too bad though...I'd rather have sharp subjects and black backgrounds than fuzzy subjects with a green background. Thanks for commenting.

Me either...but not anything that can be done with that when hand holding 250mm at 2:1 magnification. Have to have a fast shutter speed and small aperture or they'd never come out sharp. Doesn't bother me too bad though...I'd rather have sharp subjects and black backgrounds than fuzzy subjects with a green background. Thanks for commenting.
Oh definitely. These are really nice, :thumbup:

Sure, rub it in with your 2:1 magnifiation LOL... Only problem I have with the black is you lose the insect into it, otherwise love the shots! :thumbup:

Sure, rub it in with your 2:1 magnifiation LOL... Only problem I have with the black is you lose the insect into it, otherwise love the shots! :thumbup:

Lol....find myself shooting closer to 1.7:1 most of the time even though I can go up to 2.5:1 with my setup. Going from 1.7:1 to about 1.9:1 makes my keeper rate drop by about 50-60 percent.

As you see, most of my shots don't have the solid black background and usually try to have foilage in the back to give a green background....this guy (#4) was too much on the move for more than a couple of shots though.

yeah, these are really nice.. I love seeing shots like that because we see the details we normally overlook..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back