Assign #21 Shoot Manual

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hobbes idea gave me an idea for this weeks assignment. I know I'm not the only one that sometimes just pops the camera on auto to try and focus on composition, so this weeks assignment is to shoot manual. Be creative or as boring as you'd like, just don't use any auto settings...everything must be manual :) For some this won't be much of a challenge, but for newbies it may be more of a challenge ;)

As always a new assignment will be posted next Monday, but feel free to post pics in this thread even after the new assignment is posted. Good luck and have fun :)

This is a VERY good assignment for those that are used to auto! I'm one of those that this isn't new for though...I tend to mess a lot of shots up with auto for some reason! :lol:

It should be part of your photo viewing software. Also the info can be found in Photoshop by going File > File Info and then select EXIF in the dropdown menu.

EXIF.org

JonMikal said:
do you want exif info for proof? :mrgreen:

:lol: From you of course Jon... :lmao: I say if you feel you need to prove it, then post the data :lmao: Actually it's a good idea though, I think it helps a lot in understanding...

The only Auto thing I normally use is AWB (Auto White Balance). Might give this a try without that on. Hmmm.....

sweeeeet. so i'm assuming we arent aloud to meter at all. because that's truly manual. just guessing. but then...are we aloud to edit them afterwards?

thebeginning said:
sweeeeet. so i'm assuming we arent aloud to meter at all. because that's truly manual. just guessing. but then...are we aloud to edit them afterwards?
Well if the meter is not affecting the f/stop or shutterspeed I don't see a problem, but it would be cooler if no metering was used.

Post-editing? :lmao:

No editing...and that goes double for me :lmao: I suppose you could meter if you wanted...but that's up to each person...

I had posted this tonight before looking in this forum. This pic was taken on total manual settings, ISO 400 f/3.5 for 30 second exposure. Hope ya like it.

Painting-with-light.jpg

hmmm shoot manual? i never use anything else! you've just given me an idea to shoot auto, i might improve a bit :)

Most reactions

Back