Assign #6: Sunsets

I love the colors!
DSC00076.JPG

I am not sure if I am late. Nevertheless I am adding my pics here. I am a noobie fiddling around with my SLR and filters. I have quite a few sunset pics and I thought if I use IMG tag, it will occupy the screen totally. So I am giving it as links here. Some are taken without filters and some are with filters. Being a newbie, I didn't note the details while taking the photographs (learnt to do it now whenever I take the pics). So all these pics are without details. I developed at KodakGallery and I am using the pics they posted online. So if the resolution is bad, you know the reason.

Picture 1 (Panama City Beach, FL)

Picture 2 (Don't remember the location)

Picture 3 (Key West, FL)

Picture 4 (Key West, FL)

Picture 5 (Key West, FL)

Picture 6 (Probably Key West, FL)

I so wish these were to be seen immediately...

Hopefully not too late. (posted 5:40PM Monday W.A.S.T (U.T+ 8)
It's an old photo, but I've been totally cloud covered all week, except one day wich there was no clod around at sunset!

SunsetSpiderb.jpg

OK, I got sunshine, so I got a sunset. This was taken Saturday Evening. Hardest part was getting to the other side of the lake. Not a spectacular sunset, as there were no clouds for the colors to reflect off of. But hey, it is a new shot in honor of Core17.

Deb.

sunset1.jpg

These challenges are not in honour of Corry, they are challenges - and I'll go out again tonight (in half an hour or an hour or so) and shall try again! Yessss! Again. So stay tuned ;););). No lake anywhere near, though, sadly enough. Nor beach. But clouds. Clouds there are - clouds that could still totally ruin my plans... Like I'm saying: stay tuned ;).

Another archive photo I'm afraid but I only shoot on film now and 1 week isn't really enough time to get a shot, develop, scan and post it!:confused: :lmao:

From May 2002 on my honeymoon in Norway. Shot from Kristiansund looking out (west obviously!) towards Iceland and Greenland over the North Sea. Taken a little after 10:30pm IIRC! With my sadly departed old FujiFilm DX7!

kristiansundsunset2qc.jpg

OK, four of my yesterday's "work" on this assignment, two of each "packed" into one frame (because of the pano crops I gave all these).

SU-June23_framed.jpg

SU-June67_framed.jpg

All four were taken within 30 minutes yesterday night from different locations. And I kept fearing I might not get to see any of the sun because of the - fast moving - clouds at all.

Ooooh I think you can thank photobucket that they are big - because they're are gorgeous!! Great work lafoto!

And I think Deb just meant that it was a new shot and not an archive photo... and that's why it's in honor of Corry (coz she wanted new shots).

I edited like crazy, making them smaller --- and they appeared smaller in Photobucket, but not here :shock: ! How can that be? So sorry, folks.

Are any of you doing any color manipulation? I know that heat, humidity, pollution and clouds effect the colors in a sunset, but some of you seem to be getting cooler colors. I guess I associate the warmer colors with sunsets and cooler colors with sunrise. I even took several shots to see how much the color temperature changed over the course of the sunset. These shots are underexposed 1 stop and they have been cropped and resized.

sunset.jpg

sunset2.jpg

sunset3.jpg

sunset4.jpg

sunset5.jpg

sunset6.jpg

sunset7.jpg

No editing on mine. It was taken quite far north in Norway and was very late at night. I don't suppose there's much air pollution over the North/Norwegian Sea and the air temp was still very warm even at that time of night!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back