Assignment '08- FALL- Due Sept 30

Well, to get us all in the mood, I'm posting these 2 photos I took last fall but I PP'd them a week ago, does that count? hehehehe

DSC014813.jpg

DSC014622.jpg

I know I'm looking forward to fall, just not the end of fall! It may come early for us this year in Missouri!

Let me know what you think! (of the photos)

Since there's no "Fall" to be seen in Northern Queensland Australia, I'll have to go with the other term of Fall.

Titled: Fallen (knocked over by Cyclone Larry in 2006) Brand new Rainforest walkway was created from the path of the cyclone.
2831729189_317231fcd4.jpg

AussieDee, do the cyclones hit mainly during the green season? I'd assume that would be logical, but my assumptions quite frequently turn out to be misguided!

Went to your deviantart site. Cool stuff.

AussieDee, do the cyclones hit mainly during the green season? I'd assume that would be logical, but my assumptions quite frequently turn out to be misguided!

Went to your deviantart site. Cool stuff.
Not sure what you mean by "green season" - but if it helps, cyclones hit the same time of year that hurricanes hit for the states.... during the fall when the temps cool but the ocean is still warm. Oz is reversed. We are currently ending our winter season and heading into summer so by summers end, cyclones will begin to brew which will be around April/May/June-ish.

Northern Queensland is very wet and tropical and constantly "green" LOL. Hot and Humid, very much like the summer months in New England or East Coast of the states pretty much year round but does cool off in winter. Still 80's but the humidity goes away in winter.

Thanks for visiting my gallery! :D

I had googled climate of North Queensland, and went to this url,

http://www.travelmate.com.au/Places/Featured_Regions.asp?RegionId=29

where it had spoken of the 'green' season.

And just like hurricanes here in the northern hemisphere, your cyclones seem to become more prevalent at the end of the summer season. I'd guess that's because the water has become so much warmer and holds more energy.

Thank you for posting your pictures everyone. They look great!

Yup... exactly!
I live 20 mins from Cairns, have been to the Great Barrier Reef (Green Island). My photo is up for voting of the Green Island... #45 http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136649
Nice one. You received two votes!

Mine only got one. Mine was the balloon one, #45. I hadn't even known that the images were up for voting. For some reason, I never got an email like I usually do, and had forgotten all about it! So, I didn't vote this time. Oh well, next time.

BlueEyes01's first pic triggers that awsome feel when one gets to see these colours in real grandeur! I live in India, where this season doesn't exist...

john

Nice one. You received two votes!

Mine only got one. Mine was the balloon one, #45. I hadn't even known that the images were up for voting. For some reason, I never got an email like I usually do, and had forgotten all about it! So, I didn't vote this time. Oh well, next time.

Lucky!! I don't even think anyone submitted any of mine. :er:

It wasn't a nomination, it was the photo challenge and you email it to whomever for submission to be voted on later. :D

Oh yeah... Duh on my part! haha
I was thinking it was the other one where people nominate your photos. My bad.

s'ok.... I don't think I have any photos up worth nominating anyway... I'm to new :lol:

BlueEyes01's first pic triggers that awsome feel when one gets to see these colours in real grandeur! I live in India, where this season doesn't exist...

john

Thank you john! I am lucky enough to see the season once a year and it still triggers that awesome feel for me.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back