Assignment 3 Portraits

Richard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raeelle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some portraits I did for my photography class.

Nikon_D40_10659.jpg

Nikon_D40_10638.jpg

Nikon_D40_10636.jpg

IMO, the color and DOF are great in the first shot but something is making me want to see more of the baby's head!

I like the next two shots, especially the baby's bum :mrgreen:...maybe a reflector would lighten up the shadows?

The light should've been coming from the other side IMO. It looks like you missed your focus in #1.

The light should've been coming from the other side IMO. It looks like you missed your focus in #1.

You are correct I did miss it, but I just really liked the way I framed it so I had to put it in.

IMO, the color and DOF are great in the first shot but something is making me want to see more of the baby's head!

I guess it's just a frame that is personal to me, she is my wife so I was trying to capture her, but give a hint that she is a mother and I wanted to make a point that this photo is not about a baby, it's about the mother she is is.

The first and third are good, the second one there is something about the shadows on the mothers face that i don't care for.

I think you nailed it, I kind of felt something wasn't right about this photo, and you are right the shadows are too dark.

Thanks for all the comments.

I guess it's just a frame that is personal to me, she is my wife so I was trying to capture her, but give a hint that she is a mother and I wanted to make a point that this photo is not about a baby, it's about the mother she is is.

Fair enough...I can see where you are coming from then. She has gorgeous eyes!

I think they have very nice composition. Good job. I do notice some camera shake maybe. What was your shutter speed set at? If you were indoors it was probably sort of lower. I know that happens to me all of the time.
I see that your photos were ok to edit. Don't know if you are allowed to edit in your class projects but if you use the unsharp mask it will maybe help with the camera shake a bit. Also I warmed them up a bit with the colors. It seemed a bit on the bluish side. Maybe the white balance could be set differently?
Good job! I wish I had some nice pictures like that of me with my babies. ;)

Nikon_D40_10638.jpg

Nikon_D40_10659.jpg

Actually I'm not suppose to edit them for class even though I will do a tiny bit of editing myself, I just can't help it. But I am glad you did the edits. I like the color of the skin a lot better. Did you bring up the exposure also?

Actually I'm not suppose to edit them for class even though I will do a tiny bit of editing myself, I just can't help it. But I am glad you did the edits. I like the color of the skin a lot better. Did you bring up the exposure also?

I figured you weren't supposed to edit for class pictures. I only brightened it a teeny bit. Glad you like em'. ;)

Most reactions

Back